Bushcrafting morning.... Well Almost!!!

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Well went out for a bit of a bimble this morning, With another member on here (Subedarmajor) in the hope of partaking in a few bushcrafty activities. so sorted the "Stuff" in my boot ready to take out (Not all of that kit went!)
SSL20035.jpg

We headed out into my local woods and talked like old women, Until we made it to a bench I have used to brew up at on more then one occasion..
SSL20036.jpg

A view from the bench
SSL20037.jpg

On the return journy we decided to ID some plants and bits, and proptly talked like old women all the way home!

So between talking and drinking we did zero "Bushcraft" took 3 pictures and looked at 2 plants.......

This activity could never be classed as "Bushcraft" because if you look closely you will notice Subedarmajor is not wearing his obligatory "Bushcraft wide brimmed hat"... can you believe he forgot to bring it!) (you can make mine out at the side of the picture!)

Joking aside it was a lovely walk Great weather and Great company!

Thanks for looking

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Sounds like you both enjoyed yourselves while out for a bimble.. I'd say that was what bushcraft was all about, when you don't have to do anything else.. :) While it's always nice to practice a few things, the true essence of bushcraft or the outdoors is to simply enjoy it, and if you have a mate or two with you to share the experience all the better! Who cares about rubbing sticks to make fire ( one day.. oh yes one day!!) or being able to say whats what, sure these skills are nice to have, but pointless if you don't enjoy yourself and the environment while out doing so. Everyone needs to kick back and relax in the great outdoors, let it soak in to the soul every so often.. :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
This activity could never be classed as "Bushcraft" because if you look closely you will notice Subedarmajor is not wearing his obligatory "Bushcraft wide brimmed hat"

Thanks for looking

Ahh but the lack of headgear is more than compensated by the appearance of a traditional back-pack, '58 water bottle and conifer in the background.

Looks like you had a good time!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sounds like a nice morning Pignut, putting the world to rights and have a good chinwag about nothing in particular.

I'm looking forward to doing much the same tomorrow

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Funnily enough about 2 mins after this picture was taken we had a discussion on boots!

Think the ones in the pic are "Magnum" type boots, the ones I had on where "Lowa" mountain boots (If that helps?)

It is a lovely spot plenty of woodland to play in

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
this hapens to me all the time lol, walk to the woods then talk rubbish while cooking stuf and making tea with the trangia.
nothing wrong with that!:)

pete

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Nothing wrong with any of it!

Loved it all!

A good time ! and one to be repeated soon I hope

subedarmajor

Forager
May 25, 2008
winterton uk
5.11 speed 8's, basically a magnum clone.
My "hiking" boots have had a little accident, one af the hooks has broken and needs replacing.

It was indeed a good morning out, capped off with a look at some of Pignuts sharps and me stabbing myself in the finger...again!

I would also like to take this opportunity to appologise to the forum and indeed the world at large for neglecting to wear my issue big floppy hat...and for forgetting my Gillie Kettle.

Sorry, it will be rectified shortly and I'm sure Pignut will provide photographic evidence to coroborate. ;)

Cheers, Alan.

P.S. Forgot to point out I'm wearing the obligatory 5.11 shirt too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE