Bushcrafting in Weston Super Mare

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 24, 2008
Weston Super Mare
Hi all

I live in Weston Super Mare and wondered if there was any body who would like to meet up and go out either for day hikes or overnights in the surrounding area.

I have used all our local woods and do have permission of one woodland owner for the use of his land.

I have a 14 year old son who also likes to come out sometimes, but only if its sunny. So if any of you children they could come too.

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
I would be up for a meet sometime. I live about half hour away from Weston.
It would be good to meet up with other like minded people as I havent been able to attend any meets this year due to other commitments.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Thats great but I do not know how we go about getting in contact with each other. Do I simply post my email address.

Please can someone advise

Sean, If you click on Sparks name you'll get a drop down menu come up. Click on send private message then you'll get a message box come up and you can send him your details that way.

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
Hi Sean, I sent you a PM but I just read that you aren't sure on how to work them, so just incase I will post it here.

I would really like to meet up with a like minded individual.I need to get off my backside and stop staring at a screen. I can only make weekends due to work. The next three Saturdays I'm busy, and 5th and 6th of July are already taken. Apart from those dates I'm free until the 26th of July. What dates are convenient for you?

Regards

May 24, 2008
Weston Super Mare
I am available any weekend at the moment. May be we can get a small group together with the lads from Glouscester. If that works out then I can pick you up on the way up and share the petrol. What dates are good for the people in Glouscester?

May 24, 2008
Weston Super Mare
Hi Spark and Tenderfoot

We can still meet in the Weston / Bristol Area. I have use of a small wood in Cleeve that backs on to Goblin Coombe. It is only small but ok for a few of us. We can always hike around Goblin Coombe first before heading down to my woods. The woods havent been managed for the last 20 years so are completely untouched. There is also a large Badger set in it. I intend to go there next weekend to make a clearing then we can camp any weekend after that. How about the 21/22nd June

Talk to you soon. Sean

May 24, 2008
Weston Super Mare
These particular woods I work with the owners son. But I have secured other land for my daughter to use for her Eagle Owl by going onto farms and talking to the farmers. Ask them what restrictions they have and abide by them. Also a little thank you card and pressie or bottle does not go a miss.

As for securing woods I would recommend walking around them find one you like. By the OS map for the area and look for the nearest farm or dwelling. Go in and ask them if they know the owner. Then the same rules as above apply.

I intend to use this system to secure some larger woods that I have used in the near furture. I'll keep you informed on how I get on. I'll pm you next week about the 21/22 June if the woods turn out to be suitable.

Hope this helps.

Sean

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE