Bushcrafting in Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
I might, just might, join you if I may. I will PM closer to the time.

When I was a Scout I lived in Gosport (1st Gosport Troop, I still have the uniform) and I often camped and hiked through where I think you are thinking of. We had great fun, it would be nice to renew the acquaintance.

The catch is that that was 45 years ago and do you know, nothing about living in the field has really changed. I read the same comments and reprise the same arguments here as then, what is the best.......? I need a bigger knife than yours and so on and so on. Nice really to see and hear.

I am just awaiting a split in Bushcraft into modern (Goretex and titanium) and traditional (cotton tents and leather boots with segs) groupings with long, long discussions of which is best and re-enactment groups who live in the field as they did in 1820 or some such.

i have had a few people email me, but not as many as expected.

This looks as though its a "Go" for january.

These plans will only be disclosed to people via email and not put on the forum.

:)

Roll on January!!

Was thinking 15 evening /16/17 of January - thoughts on the date?

nomadcelt

Jul 1, 2009
Portsmouth, UK
Excellent, I'll look to hold something in Jan/Feb - two night stay out in the woods. I also have permission to shoot on the farmer's land to the south - small game/birds only (Air Rifle)

NC

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Although I've no problem with contributing towards costs you might incur, or providing a deposit towards a hog roast or similar...

excellent, we shall move it up to your site, makes sense... and wont cost anyone a penny!

Count me in :)

Last edited:

aeveling

Dec 2, 2006
Salisbury
Have any dates been fixed for this meet up? I would like to be there if poss as there's nothing bushcrafty going on in this neck of the woods (Salisbury) as far as I know.

Andrew

Aron

Jan 4, 2010
Odiham, Hampshire
this sounds awesome. would be great to be involved. Im only in Odiham so local. Be good to meet fellow bushcrafters and gain some more knowledge/swapping stories etc.
cheers
Aron :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE