Bushcrafting in dartmoor with my dad

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
earlier in the week my dad and myself went down to dartmoor for an over nighter, we set up camp by the east dart after a long walk from the carpark.

anyway, here are some pictures.

the river
102.jpg

103.jpg

110.jpg

112.jpg

the forest on the other side
104.jpg

digging up the turf for our fire, this meant we could lay the turf back on when we left to keep the place tidy
371.jpg

our dog, looking rather sleepy
381.jpg

setting the fire
375.jpg

my dad woke my up far too early, i was not pleased.
379.jpg

miscilanious pics

384.jpg

378.jpg

073.jpg

ATB
Josh

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
No person shall light a fire on the access land, or place or throw or let fall a lighted match or any other thing so as to be likely to cause a fire. This byelaw shall not prevent the lighting or use in such a manner as not to cause danger of or damage by fire of a properly constructed camping stove or cooker". Maximum Penalty - £500 fine

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
No person shall light a fire on the access land, or place or throw or let fall a lighted match or any other thing so as to be likely to cause a fire. This byelaw shall not prevent the lighting or use in such a manner as not to cause danger of or damage by fire of a properly constructed camping stove or cooker". Maximum Penalty - £500 fine

He was responsible in his fire making. No harm done. He even replaced the turf. I'm sure people have been making fires on Dartmoor for time immemorial and long may it continue.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
its a shame to have to justify my actions but anyway,
as for the firelighting the ashes where scattered in the river and the turf was replaced, the only evidence of us being there was the disturbed turf around the firepit. whilst walking to location we noticed alot of other campsites where large patches of earth had been scorched, we where careful not to follow their example.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE