Bushcrafter or am I some moaning camper?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted member 4605

TheGreenMan said:
Just emphasize the romantic possibilities of the interior of a log cabin lit by oil lamps

You obviously don't have children. Once they come along romance is as likely as a sasquatch!

JDilling

Jan 9, 2007
Connecticut, USA
But back to my question because I don’t do a fair amount of the, what could be classed as the main bushcraft activities does this mean technically I am unable to say I enjoy bushcrafting.

I believe you enjoy bushcraft, at least most of it :) In order to enjoy something, it is not necesary for one to enjoy, or even participate in, all aspects of the activity. Given your list, it shows thast you like getting back to the wild, and practicing taditional arts and skills and that's what's important. There's so much more to bushcraft than
That’s to name but a few of the things I enjoy doing, now I see a lot of people expand on this with shooting, trapping, plucking animals etc etc

Become an expert on other aspects, and it'll probably more than compensate.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
There are many diverse and interesting people on this site and we all meet under the banner of Bushcraft . To what level we are involved in Bushcraft itself is irrelevant.
We all participate at different levels and I think thats what makes it such a great site .
:)

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
oops56 said:
speaking of oil lamps this one a 4 burner i use olive oil i got 6 or 7 types like to light late at night in the shop makes one feel good the good thing is if you tip one over it will not burst into flame it go out not like a kerosene one..

I don’t know, some people have all the luck! Oil lamps and you’re on the right continent!

Best regards,
Paul.

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
schwuk said:
To me bushcraft is a convenient name for an idea (or even ideal), not a set of check boxes - whether they be for kit, skills or experiences. Don't start trying to pigeon hole things - just join in and enjoy yourself.

Nobody can decide whether you are a 'bushcrafter' or not except you.

Its "The Others" who will pigeon-hole" you (those who don't).
Quite a few of my "friends" think I am a bit of a "headcase", but guess who they come to when they want to cut something....?? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

D

Deleted 70

EdS said:
Neo_ad how did the computer gaming trip go?

Sorry missed this ^^

Yeah it went great thanks, mainly just fun but that is why I do things anyways its allways about the fun not the winning, wining is nice as a extra tho :p

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Shed-bodgery is all that I'll claim, as most of what I've carved has ended up tracked into my wife's carpets rather than into distant leaf-mold.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE