Bushcraft Woods!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Benjieng

Aug 2, 2011
Nottingham
Hi everyone,iwas wondering,why hasnt ANYONE thought of a woodland where everyone buys a area of woodland,where they can build and mmake stuff,no limits,camp there etc,not as expensive as buying your own woodland mind,just a patch available for use :) any more ideas? DISCUSS!

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Welcome to the forum :)

At first glance the idea might sound appealing but once you look into the practicalities and the fact that everyone's needs are likely to be different you will soon realise you'll have to work fairly hard to avoid conflict. I know some have tried it with varying degrees of success but only because they recognise the value of rules and limits.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Not a good idea, if you say there are no limits then once I've exhausted my supply of natural materials, making spears, bows, arrows, swords from the minerals i reaped by strip mining and defences, then I'm moving onto your patch!:BlueTeamE:240:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
In a particular area of woodland there's likely to be spots that are more suitable for camping than others - how do you decide who get which spot?
Save the money and get to know some people who own woodland. Failing that, go and do some nocturnal nature watching (but bring a sleeping bag so you don't get cold) :)

Not a good idea, if you say there are no limits then once I've exhausted my supply of natural materials, making spears, bows, arrows, swords from the minerals i reaped by strip mining and defences, then I'm moving onto your patch!:BlueTeamE:240:

LOL like a bushcraft version of the boardgame risk or computer game command and conquer :D

in theroy it sounds a good idea, but to many variables that would go against it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE