Bushcraft TV

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
I plan to list here (the night before) any programmes relating to bushcraft/survival that are on tv (terrestrial & Sky digital only).
All the programming info I am getting, I have got from Digiguide
If anyone can add any extra programmes that they know/find, I'm sure people will find it useful, and will also allow me to keep my digiguide configured better

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
03 December 2004

00:00 - Discovery Travel & Adventure - Lost in the Woods
A guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie demonstrates how to gather water from condensation collected on foliage, and Andy finds himself catching eels for dinner.

09:00 - Discovery Travel & Adventure - Lost in the Woods
Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie demonstrates how to make a shelter from bracken and wood after Andy chooses to keep his camp bed over the tarpaulin. They also set traps to snare squirrels and rabbits. Repeated @ 14:00 & 19:00

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
gillmacca said:
03 December 2004

A guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie demonstrates how to gather water from condensation collected on foliage, and Andy finds himself catching eels for dinner.

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie demonstrates how to make a shelter from bracken and wood after Andy chooses to keep his camp bed over the tarpaulin. They also set traps to snare squirrels and rabbits. Repeated @ 14:00 & 19:00
Heck i wish i could watch these,i really enjoyed them when Squidders posted them for all to watch.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
04 December 2004

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie demonstrates how to make a shelter from bracken and wood after Andy chooses to keep his camp bed over the tarpaulin. They also set traps to snare squirrels and rabbits.

13:00 - Travel Channel - Weekender TV
Charlie Ottley presents a magazine show providing inspirational ideas for weekends away - whether it be resting, relaxing or something out of the ordinary. In North Wales, Charlie explores Snowdonia.

22:00 - Adventure One - Alaska: The Last Wilderness
Climber and writer Marc Helsen undertakes a five-week expedition, trekking and rafting across the vast wilderness of Alaska. He witnesses many of nature's marvels at first hand, including the mass migration of the caribou.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
05 December 2004

10:00 - Adventure One - Alaska: The Last Wilderness
Climber and writer Marc Helsen undertakes a five-week expedition, trekking and rafting across the vast wilderness of Alaska. He witnesses many of nature's marvels at first hand, including the mass migration of the caribou. Repeating at 14:00 & 18:00

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
06 December 2005

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie meets Andy in the Forest of Dean and teaches him how to build a fire for warmth and cooking.
Repeated at 14:00 & 19:00

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
07 December 2004

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie meets Andy in the Forest of Dean and teaches him how to build a fire for warmth and cooking.

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie demonstrates how to craft domestic implements from antlers and wood, and how to make plates from the bark of a silver birch. Also including the principles of making spears and a bow and arrow.

Don't worry...this isn't all there is ever going to be on. There are some very good looking programmes coming up soon

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
07 December 2004

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie demonstrates how to craft domestic implements from antlers and wood, and how to make plates from the bark of a silver birch. Also including the principles of making spears and a bow and arrow.

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Andy learns how to survive swimming across a fast-flowing river, making use of the clothes on his back. Brummie also demonstrates how to make a raft.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
09 December 2004

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Andy learns how to survive swimming across a fast-flowing river, making use of the clothes on his back. Brummie also demonstrates how to make a raft.

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie shows Andy how to avoid capture when in enemy territory with camouflage tips and advice.

20:00 - BBC 2 - Natural World
The Wild Wood.
Philippa Forrester spends a year witnessing the secret life of an ancient oak wood in the heart of England, as the sparrowhawk terrorises blue tits, fox cubs learn to stalk rabbits and a buzzard looks for love.

20:50 - BBC 2 - Wild Scotland
Deer Island.
Series in which Gordon Buchanan goes in search of Scottish wildlife. He explores the island of Rum, famous for its red deer, seeking out some particularly clever crows.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
10 December 2004

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie shows Andy how to avoid capture when in enemy territory with camouflage tips and advice.

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. The duo go caving after preparing a worm omelette for sustenance, and Brummie demonstrates how to make clothing from natural materials.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
gillmacca said:
20:00 - BBC 2 - Natural World
The Wild Wood.
Philippa Forrester spends a year witnessing the secret life of an ancient oak wood in the heart of England, as the sparrowhawk terrorises blue tits, fox cubs learn to stalk rabbits and a buzzard looks for love.

20:50 - BBC 2 - Wild Scotland
Deer Island.
Series in which Gordon Buchanan goes in search of Scottish wildlife. He explores the island of Rum, famous for its red deer, seeking out some particularly clever crows.

yay normal tv!!

Thanks for doing this gillmacca. very usefull.. i think the mods should stickie it!! :wave:

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
I just thought of doing this, as in the past I have missed alot of good programmes, because I didn't know they were on.
At least this way, everyone knows when the programmes are on, and can include any that I miss (and i'm sure there will be plenty I miss)

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
11 December 2004

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. The duo go caving after preparing a worm omelette for sustenance, and Brummie demonstrates how to make clothing from natural materials.

18:30 - BBC 2 Northern Ireland - Wild Scotland
Otters and Eagles.
Series in which Gordon Buchanan goes in search of Scottish wildlife. He goes home to Mull for a day, hoping to catch a glimpse of a sea eagle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE