Bushcraft tattoo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
although its often overlooked in most 'developed' country's, many 'tribal' cultures around the world practise scarification instead of tattooing, as it requires no tool others then a sharp blade...

personally i prefer scarification to tattooing for both ideological reasons (it uses the bodys own repair mechanisms to produce the pattern rather then introducing a foreign substance into the skin) and practical reasons (i like blades more then needles), but its not that easy to find a skilled artist here in the UK (last time i checked at least) - they are out there tho... :)

Kalima are very good, I got my implants done by him.
http://www.kalima.co.uk/

no associations etc etc

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Quite heavily tattooed on the arms - first was 32 years ago, last two years ago. Whilst i understand folks reluctance to commit because they want to get something they will always like, the reality we all change our tastes as we grow. My early stuff i would not dream of getting today but i look on them as a map of my life with each tattoo reminding me of a time period in my life. I wont get them covered and actually relish (if thats the right word) the variety of tattoo's and different artists styles that adorn me. If you like it go for it and dont worry too much about whether or not you will like it in 20 years.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Quite heavily tattooed on the arms - first was 32 years ago, last two years ago. Whilst i understand folks reluctance to commit because they want to get something they will always like, the reality we all change our tastes as we grow. My early stuff i would not dream of getting today but i look on them as a map of my life with each tattoo reminding me of a time period in my life. I wont get them covered and actually relish (if thats the right word) the variety of tattoo's and different artists styles that adorn me. If you like it go for it and dont worry too much about whether or not you will like it in 20 years.

My Maw's comment was - "If you get a tattoo you'll need to look at it when it's old and wrinkled". My reply of "If I was to get married I'd have to look at the wife when she was old and wrinkled as well". My Dad overhearing and laughing now has me in the bad books....

Jahminn

Apr 4, 2009
Canada
Hey guys!!!

Here's one of my recent tattoos. It's of my favorite campsite along with my favorite gear which I have been using since my first solo trip years ago. I can always depend on these items when I travel as they are tried and true and hopefully I can pass these down to my kids in the future...minus the boots :)

Hope you like it.

Jahminn

Apr 4, 2009
Canada
Hey guys!!!

Here's one of my recent tattoos. It's of my favorite campsite along with my favorite gear which I have been using since my first solo trip years ago. I can always depend on these items when I travel as they are tried and true and hopefully I can pass these down to my kids in the future...minus the boots :)

Hope you like it.

9k=

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Just thought I would add my tattoo share. I am covered in tattoo's. Both my arms are sleeved from shoulder to elbow all the way around. I have both inner forearms tattooed along with my thighs, calves and back. I also have my wedding finger tattooed.

I would say to anyone to consider the piece very carefully before getting it done. If it has some significance or refers to a memory or event in your life then great but don't get a tattoo for the sake of it, definitely think about it prior to committing.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've been thinking og getting a tattoo of a Smith & Wesson Model 10 on my stomache. That way when I go to the beach, it would look like I have a revolver tucked into my swim suit.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
What a letdown; I was looking forward to a thread on synchronised bimbling to the accompaniment of the penny whistle and bodhran. :(

Intheround

Aug 31, 2012
Teignbridge
I had 4 turtles on my wrist after working in Oz about 13 years ago after finding cute little turtles in a field of courgettes we were cutting.
Then after I had my daughter I did the bands on the other arm from some of her toy shapes.
It was meant to be complete sleeves but time flies & never got them finished. I'd probably have different one's today but they're there now!
Enjoy whatever you have :bigok:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE