Bushcraft Store Cupboard

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hobbit on a String

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2009
Aberdeenshire (Turriff)
First off is the powdered eggs, this is where i get a load from they taste not too bad as well

Noble Foods Ltd
Edgefield Road Industrial Estate
Loanhead, Midlothian EH20 9TB
United Kingdom
Phone : ‎+44 131 4402992
Fax : ‎+44 131 4400742

As for stuff thats always in my food stashes,

Pasta,
Basmati rice
Brown rice
Stock cubes,beef , chicken,veg
Bovril
pepper & salt from the Mcd's ( they have plenty)
Honey
Bannock mix
cupa soups
tescos own dried soups
tescos own dried flavoured noodles (7p per packet)
Dried chilli powder
teabags + coffee bags

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
for the coffee could you use a small muslin bag, like used for herbs.

I bet you could do that...

Think about it, a sort of small mill style bag that you take out of the cup, with all of the coffee grounds.

For my set up this is the best idea so far, because it only adds one little thing to it, and you get real coffee.

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
I notice that a lot of us take Marvel type dried milk powder but to me it just doesn't taste milky enough (I spose cos It's made from skimmed) so what I do is add couple of spoonfulls of coffee whitener to the mix and to me it tastes much better.

BTW where can I get chilly flakes? I've tried at my local supermarket (Morrisons) and can't find any.:confused:

Kev

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I bet you could do that...

Think about it, a sort of small mill style bag that you take out of the cup, with all of the coffee grounds.

For my set up this is the best idea so far, because it only adds one little thing to it, and you get real coffee.

Another one for coffe this time from SWMBO, 70 denier tights(new of course) cut the toes off deep enough to hang in you cup/mug and touch the bottom, stretch around the rim, put in coffee grounds then add hot water, you can still stir and when strength is reached simply gather up edges from around the rim and remove,

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I notice that a lot of us take Marvel type dried milk powder but to me it just doesn't taste milky enough (I spose cos It's made from skimmed) so what I do is add couple of spoonfulls of coffee whitener to the mix and to me it tastes much better.

Bizzarely, I do not like coffee whitener because it is too creamy. Good idea will have to try. Have often thought it is a bit weak, but I do drink semi-skimmed so not such a big diffrence.

BTW where can I get chilly flakes? I've tried at my local supermarket (Morrisons) and can't find any.:confused:

Kev

At morrisons, but may be that you have the regional issue. Living in the land of curry, nearly all the supermarkets have stuff like that here.

You could try a Somerfield, they tend to have a lot of weird items. Sainsburys might not be a bad idea, because jamie oliver is always using them.

Another one for coffe this time from SWMBO, 70 denier tights(new of course) cut the toes off deep enough to hang in you cup/mug and touch the bottom, stretch around the rim, put in coffee grounds then add hot water, you can still stir and when strength is reached simply gather up edges from around the rim and remove,

Good idea that, but have a weird feeling that tights have a taste. They would really work well, because you could make a wire frame for them.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I don't want to know how you found that out :eek:

The only thing I can think of is, we used to use it as a filter for something at work(in the power shop, i think), and ended up griping them with teeth, while trying to tape them in place.

First time I was sent for them, thought I was being sent for a 'long weight':lmao: .

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
The only thing I can think of is, we used to use it as a filter for something at work(in the power shop, i think), and ended up griping them with teeth, while trying to tape them in place.

First time I was sent for them, thought I was being sent for a 'long weight':lmao: .
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I guess as my wife thought of it I best be the one to try it, and it works, no sediment, no decernable taste difference. i used brand new ones(no fabric softner or cheesers) and swmbo can still use the main bit as leggings. i'm waiting for some guests to come round so i can some tight filter coffee for them and make all the perculator noises ala nescafe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE