Bushcraft - Slow Match with brass snuffer !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
Ok,
I have a few Items for swop on a different thread, I thought I would open up a new for this Item because I know a few of you have been talking about these...

I have a mate who makes these for re-enactment to the same recipe as used in the 1600's using saltpeter “-
Potassium Nitrate –“ and water, and then dryed it out slowly. Exactly the same recipe as Ray Mears used in his Australian episodes. I have managed to got hold of a fair length for the end of this month.

I have been using 2" tubular Brass tubes which the Slow match fits snuggly inside, this acts as the snuffer, when you have finished with the match, you draw it inside the tube putting your finger over the end and starving the match of oxygen. Much easier than rubbing the lit end on a hard surface, as it doesn’t go out without a fight..

I have been using them for a couple of years in the above configuration, they take extremely well to a single spark from a flint and steel which is why I like using them. He says they burn at about 10" per hour, I can start about 20 fires to just under two inches to give you an idea of burn rate..

I have a Shark Designs one and I think mine burns better, its more compact, and fits easly into a 1oz Tobacco Tin with everything else you might need to light fire.

The one I have for swop now has 7.5 inches match remaining. Around 80 fires give or take...

I can take pre orders for the end of the month to any length required, within reason. if you require a longer length.

Please look at my other listing for Ideas which I would like. In Exchange.

Any Problems please get in touch.

Many Thanks Again
Shane

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE