Bushcraft show and questions!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
Hello there not sure if this is the best place for this thread but here goes!
I have need for some advice to do with the bushcraft show, and I thought I would ask here
So,
1) For starters I am planning on having a hammock by then and thought I would ask if there are any other tree dwellers gunna be there and whether it is advisable or not?
2) When they say camp fires must be raised in the wooded campsite what exactly constitutes a raised camp fire? And also does anyone have suggestions for a lightweight system that is good enough for 7 to cook and brew up on?
3) On the hammock side of things I was thinking of a set up like the poor paint diagram below, does anyone have comments or tips about it?

I think that is all for now anything else people may have to say on the subjects are welcome!

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
No Dave, Roger is one of the organisers for the Wilderness Gathering held at Bison Farm for the last 8 years or so.
The Bushcraft Show I understand is being organised in the Lake District by Bushcraft and Survival mag, and has nothing to do with the Wilderness Gathering.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
No Dave, Roger is one of the organisers for the Wilderness Gathering held at Bison Farm for the last 8 years or so.
The Bushcraft Show I understand is being organised in the Lake District by Bushcraft and Survival mag, and has nothing to do with the Wilderness Gathering.

Ackkkk yer right of course !! getting my shows mixed up, Apologies

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE