Bushcraft shop - the sequel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Following my post last week where i was trying to find a bushcraft shop in Stockholm (which i found, but had no time to visit :( ), does anyone know of a similar shop in Helsinki, hopefully got a bit of time to myself this afternoon and fancied going and having a poke round to see what i could find.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
there are a couple in Helsinki, but I dont know if I could find them again let alone direct somone else to them. Their is also a good one in tampere if I remember rightly.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Just been for a two hour walk round, found a shop called the Army Shop, miles from the hotel, went in and and they have, well, very little really, a bit of surplus but nothing seriously interesting, guy tried to sell me a "hand made" knife, half tang, very sharp with a three inch blade, only thing it's hand made in a machine looking at it, plus it has the immortal words "made in china" pressed into the blade, a nice knife but the amount he was charging was OTT and it was not worth 150 euros :eek:

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
there is a Marttiini Knife shop opposite Senate Square on Aleksanterinkatu road, if your looking for knives.

its the only one I saw whilst I was in helsinki, you need to go futher north if you want to find handmade knives, it seems the futher north you go the better they get

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Stuart said:
there is a Marttiini Knife shop opposite Senate Square on Aleksanterinkatu road, if your looking for knives.

its the only one I saw whilst I was in helsinki, you need to go futher north if you want to find handmade knives, it seems the futher north you go the better they get

Senate square is about a five minute walk south of my hotel, guess who came out of the hotel and went the other way :eek: , the furtherest North im going to get thois trip is the airport, still next time perhaps, wonder if there are any airlines up North i could go and call on for work, hey i gotta find an excuse to get the company to pay my travel costs :D

Wasn't looking for knives in particular just wanted to have a poke around, might have to go and check them out tomorrow morning though before my first meeting as it's gone eight in the evening here now, and most places are now shut apart from the bars, which is where im off to now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help Stuart

Mark

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks Viking,

I was in Sweden last week, but in Stockholm, i may get to Gothenburg in the future at some time as i have a customer there.

Mark

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Viking said:
If you ever get to Sweden and Gothenburg I can give you the tour of the outdoor and Surplus shops. I have done the tour for people before =)
.....and a very good guide he is :) , and all for the price of a few pints :D

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
falcon said:
Don't try to keep up with him when it comes to drinking tho'..........

ah right, still i enjoy a challenge ;)

As for the price of a few pints, isn't that what an expense account is for ? :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE