Bushcraft licence to and from the Moot to a place of Residence !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Just explain that you are travelling to a remote training camp where survivalist, prepers and ecco warriors rub shoulders with ninjas, pirates and chartered accountants! You need all the stuff you are carrying in order to participate in the training; making and using a variety of primitive and improvised weapons such as slings, catapults, spears, and bow and arrows as well as learning tracking, field expedient booby trap triggers and how to throw knives, axes and tent stakes.

:pokenest: :lmao:

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The mention of licences for anything like sharps makes my teeth tingle - a real case of be careful what you wish for. It'd be an open door for a whole pile of beaurocrats to make even more legislation about something they know nothing of. They'd tie us up in knots and issue countless rules, regulations and qualifiers that'd make our heads spin and once that sort of thing takes flight you can never get rid of it; a real curse!

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I completely understand the concerns of the OP, perfectly reasonable IMHO.
Whether one wishes to recognise it or not racial profiling and targeting does occur unfortunately.

However I agree with a number of posters that just explaining to the police officer where you are going and why you are carrying the 'tools' should be enough.
Having your ticket and some info about the moot couldn't hurt but is probably overkill.

Personally I abhor the thought of having to justify myself or my actions if stopped and did look into the actual powers of the police if they stop you.
You may be surprised to learn exactly what information you are required to give, it's probably not as much as you think.

However I also appreciate that I am luckier than some in our society in not being actively targeted for stop and search.
Also although I have looked into my rights if stopped, I'm not sure if the event ever occurred I wouldn't just comply with the officers for an easier life.

Finally I think we should all try to be more understanding of others views, I think it would surprise a lot of us to spend a day walking in someone else's shoes, to understand how they see the world and how the world sees them.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Most interactions with authority depends on your response. It you are polite and follow direction you and build a rapport with the official then it's surprising what can be achieved.

I have been stopped carrying axes knives and other tools in a variety of locations where strictly speaking I may not have had the best excuse for carrying. Although generally I don't carry sharps unless it's for work. Always a polite chat with the officer in charge and an explaination of what I'm carrying and the importance of safety and environmental concersidations in choosing the tool has got me by with a cheery wave etc.

If youre a belligerent pain in the rear and you happen to be carrying a tool you have made the officers day. He or she gets an arrest and a warm fuzzy glow from knowing another idiot is off the streets for a bit.

Common sense and a warm demanour has got me through many a sticky situation. Wearing a belt kit with axe and knife in the M4'services is going to get you shot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE