Bushcraft Knife Makers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Sorry if this is elsewhere, but its a bit tricky to search for smoething you don't yet know the name of! I was wondering, more out of curiosity than anything, about who makes good bushcraft knives. There must be more but so far I can think of:

Woodlore/Alan Wood

WSC

Stuart Marshal

Ben Orford

Bison Bushcraft

Shing

Any others? Also, does anyone know what kind of waiting times there are? The only one kind enough to detail such on their website is Ben.

One day....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Link to Paul Bakers site
www.bushmanuk.co.uk/

You could also talk to Shinken on this site who does nice work. British lades has a whole bushcraft knives section and a makers sales area well worth a look

Red

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Nick isn't taking orders, I don't think, he has had to take a real job and is likely to be a little while clearing his backlog.

Peter of PB Knives,
Trond over on BB
Roger Linger (not sure if he is taking orders atm)

The list is huge if you start going overseas

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
you could also add:

Bark river knives
Cold steel, they make some really good repro HBC type trade knives and tomahawks in carbon steel.
Then there is always Frosts Mora, etc.
Falkhieven (sic) ?
Jensen Elite Blades here in Oz

Iknow they are not all Custom, but the do have some good, useable Bushcrafting type blades..

Karl

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
benjamin.oneill said:
Sorry if this is elsewhere, but its a bit tricky to search for smoething you don't yet know the name of! I was wondering, more out of curiosity than anything, about who makes good bushcraft knives. There must be more but so far I can think of:

Woodlore/Alan Wood

WSC

Stuart Marshal

Ben Orford

Bison Bushcraft

Shing

Any others? Also, does anyone know what kind of waiting times there are? The only one kind enough to detail such on their website is Ben.

One day....

Who is WSC? Wilkinson Sword Company?

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
If he hasn't already been mentioned, there's Allan Blade, i've read on here and bb that his knives are excellent.
Another maker i've seen over on bb who makes classic woodie type bushcraft knives is Mick Spain ( http://msknives.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ ), i hope he won't mind me putting in a link to his site, i've only seen pictures online but his knives look to be very well made and finished to a high standard.

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
While were on the subject, does anyone know of mick wardells website address, i cant find it, i'm after some micarta and fibre liner material? if any one knows of anything.

Jan 18, 2005
Bucks
benjamin.oneill said:
I have a Nessy coming from Lord F! (any idea how long now Mozzy? :D )

drop me a pm as you are on a list somwhere and i am slowly plodding through it. I got zillions of orders for these and some other bushy type knives. The one I am working on is off to noggin land :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE