Bushcraft First aid course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
George at Comriecroft has got back to me but unfortunately there is no choice in dates they can offer other than the 11th & 12th of April, so that will be the dates for this to go ahead. However the good news is that Comriecroft have offered the use of the hall to us free of charge if we accept these dates which will mean the total cost to each individual is only that of the site fees of £8 per person per night. This is a very generous offer IMO and I am very grateful to them for this gesture. I do have to point out though that it is the weekend prior to the Ayrshire meet so some may have to increase their brownie points if they wish to attend both of these events, I know I will, but I think it will be well worth it. I would appreciate if someone could pass this on to the folks on SOTP who might be interested please. Comriecroft have asked me to confirm these dates as acceptable ASAP so could you please let me know as quickly as you can in order for me to do this, and thanks to all who have expressed an interest in this and for making this a goer.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'm hoping she will be back on her feet by then too mate as it makes a very real difference using the simulations, not only that but her cooking is far better than mine LOL

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I'm Definitely Not going to be able to attend as my next day off should be near the end of April sometime :(

Have fun though :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Count me in :)

Magikelly you could bring the girls with you, it's a beautiful family friendly site, and I'm sure we could find enough bits and pieces for them to do to keep busy.

cheers,
M

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Looks good to me count me in.

Thanks for taking the time to organize this Sniper and nice off Comrie Croft to do this for nowt, is an excellent venue as all who have been before can confirm.

Stoo.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Count me in :)

Magikelly you could bring the girls with you, it's a beautiful family friendly site, and I'm sure we could find enough bits and pieces for them to do to keep busy.

cheers,
M

If it were not the Easter Weekend we would be away on holiday but we are at home as Karen's family have a big get together for easter so we need to be there.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Ok folks just an update on who's attending

Korvin Karbon
Big Geordie + 1
Gailainne
Bigshot + 1 still to be confirmed
Toddy
Peterlee Paddler
Scrogger.
JFW
Nonsuch
Stooboy

I make that 12 in total, but if any more wish to join in please just add your name onto the list folks, I will happily take a couple more. Thanks to all who got back to me so quickly and sorry to those who have had to withdraw, if this goes well I may look at doing another at a later date but I'll see how this goes for now.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Sorry you can't make this John unfortunately there was no room to maneouvre on the dates so I've had to take what was available. This goes to everyone who can't make this one, but as I have said if this goes ok I will look at running another later on in the year. That is if enough people are up for it and we can find the right facilities.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I have just recieved this from George at Comriecroft so I thought it best to post it up for all those attending the course as it relevant to us all. Your integrity is needed here folks, I have booked a pitch for the people with their names on the list and I will be booking mine, but as you will notice that anyone not turning up after booking, the cost will be transferred to me. I have booked for 14 places at the moment which is the listed 12 + myself and SWMBO, now I might manage to make good if she can't make it but stretching for anyone else who might not turn up could get a bit expensive for me. I am still hopefull of another couple of possibles but if they book their own pitches that will be fine. If you know of anyone else interested in coming along tell them to book their site pitch and then ask them to let me know they are coming.

Hi John

Back to work today and I'm glad to see that the April weekend is usable
for you. I have provisionally booked 14 pitches for you but I would ask
you to to get the people who are attending the course to phone us and
confirm the booking of a pitch for themselves by Monday the 20th or if
you wish to, call us yourself with credit or dept card details. This is
the normal booking practise and payment is only taken once you arrive or
in the event of late cancellations or no shows. Any cancellation with
less than a weeks notice or no shows are charged for one night. I
mention this because we are expecting to be busy on that weekend and we
may have to turn people down for a pitch, as the person making the
booking it would be yourself that would be responsible for any
cancellations or non use of pitches. I hope this is helpful to you and I
look forward to seeing you all here.

Regards

George

I thank you all for your cooperation in this

John

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
For all your effort and time, I'm willing to pay up front. Do I gather that the payment be sent to you?
One thing I might be missing the point about, but "... by Monday the 20th ...".
March 20th is a Friday;- by April 20th it will be too late ?
Thanks again, John.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
can i pay upfront too please. I am free but work has a nasty habit of creeping up on me at the worst times. Better safe than sorry

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
They don't actually want payment until we arrive at the site and then we pay either as a group or as individuals. My thinking was getting everyone together as usual on the Friday night when we have all arrived and sitting down, collecting the money then, and paying it as a group if that is acceptable to all.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Hi folks due to family commitments over the easter weekend im going to struggle with this one :( :( :( . Had a go at moving things around but swmbos family are all due to visit us over that weekend. Shame I was gonna drag the kids along too.

Hope to make the next one . apologies anyway for having to drop out.

Andy

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Peterlee P I think he meant 20th of March which is the end of this week

Scrogger Sorry to hear that mate shame you'll miss it.

OK so just to keep tabs on where we are with this, the updated list is now

Korvin Karbon
Big Geordie + 1
Gailainne
Bigshot + 1 still to be confirmed
Toddy
Peterlee Paddler
JFW
Nonsuch
Stooboy

Down to 11 now unless someone else wants to come in on this. Is anyone else interested in this course, come on folks chance in a lifetime it's virtually free!!

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
John remember my daughter and I don't need a pitch as we live locally, but happy to contibute to the costs if necessary. Do you want payment up front for the share of the hall hire ? Noted the earlier suggestion about a donation as well

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE