Bushcraft First aid course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Nah we'll sort that out on the Friday night when we get up there mate,

Korvin Karbon
Big Geordie + 1
Gailainne
Bigshot + 1 still to be confirmed
Toddy
Peterlee Paddler
JFW
Nonsuch
Stooboy
Scottforsythe

Just an update on folk attending. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get suitable accomodation for SWMBO, and I would not ask her to rough it in a tent as she is still recovering from her surgery so it looks like she might not be able to do the simulated wounds I'm sorry to say, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will feel better and heal up enough in time for it.

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
I'm up for this...will phone Comrie tomorrow to book my space.

Korvin Karbon
Big Geordie + 1
Gailainne
Toddy
Peterlee Paddler
JFW
Nonsuch
Stooboy
Scottforsythe
Windward

Looking forward to it....great opportunity to refresh and learn more.

Vince

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Trisha has the girls over the holidays, and Denise isn't sure yet.

However, my eldest, Jamie, is coming with me :D
Please add his name to the list.

cheers,
M

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Sorry guys but can't manage now...was really looking forward to the course. I've deleted myself from the list...

Korvin Karbon
Big Geordie + 1
Gailainne
Toddy + Jamie
Peterlee Paddler
JFW
Nonsuch
Stooboy
Scottforsythe

Gailainne

Life Member
I finish early on a Friday so I'll be up there around 2:00-sh, maybe earlier, hopefully George has remembered how to hank paracord ;) for the parachute, I presume it will be setup for us ? I can give George a call nearer the time, and we can get it set up when I arrive.

Stephen

Oh just thought thats the Easter weekend, I'm off Friday Monday, hmmm up on Thursday get some fishing in :D on the Earn.

Definately need to talk to George :D

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Comriecroft have made a wee bit of a hiccup cos they have booked us as a block for 14 but then asked if everyone could call in and book individually therefore they are not sure if they are double booking camping pitches. They have asked me to provide a list of names to match the block booking, so can I ask you to PM me your full name and I'll compile the list and forward it to them. Sorry about this.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Just to update everyone on the situation. George contacted me today and has provided 4 woodland and 5 field places for us and the site is full because it's the Easter weekend, I am hoping this will be sufficient for our needs but it may require a bit of juggling to get everyone accomodated, more so if there are more with hammocks than tents. :aargh4:
The game plan for the weekend is as follows but please be flexible as this may change over the weekend to suit needs.
Friday afternoon everyone arrive and setup
Saturday 09.00 prompt training start so everyone must be fed and watered and ready to start by this time.
Lunch around 12.30 feed yourselves
Restart training 13.30
Finish around 16.30 - 17.00 again feed yourselves
Bushcraft TV till bedtime
Sunday 09.00 prompt training starts again same as Saturday
Lunch around 12.30
Restart training 13.00
Finish around 16.30 - 17.00 break camp and depart knackered but happy I hope.
Please be advised that the weather forecast for the weekend is not good so expect rain and come prepared, I will make every effort to keep the training indoors.
Sadly my wife is unable to come due to her still recovering from major surgery, and it's her birthday so the family are coming to see her :eek: so as usual I'm in the s**t again, this means no casualty simulations unfortunately. I am hoping to be on site around 14.00 - 15.00 on the Friday afternoon but I suggest for all to arrive ASAP to claim a space, cos it's gonna fill up quickly I reckon.

I hope to cover CPR, unconscious casualty, blood loss & shock, fractures on day 1 and burns, effects of temperature, poisoning, minor ailments (stings. strains/sprains) and anything else we can fit in in the time we have on day 2. :twak:
I hope this meets with your expectations and hope to see you all there :burnout:

Gailainne

Life Member
I'll bring a hammock and a bivi setup, I'll be up on the Thursday, but I can swap out if required.

Perhaps if everyone stated first their preference, we can see whats available, I'm easy (ask any of my late girlfriends) If I cant get 2 trees, 2 metres of flat ground will do me.

Stephen

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry to hear about the missus, Sniper, give her a hug and tell her we're all asking for her.

It's going to be late on Friday before I pick J up and get up there, probably well after 9pm.
Is there likely to be a problem with us just blowing up mats and kipping in the hall ? I just don't fancy trying to put up tents in a crowded campsite in the dark in the rain and wind if I can help it. We'll happily pay as though we had pitched up though.

If this won't work I think I'll fetch J and his kit here, and we'll leave and travel up really early on the Saturday. Still happy to help cover all costs though. I don't want folks out of pocket just to keep things easy for me.

atb,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It would just make life easy. I'm looking forward to the company, but I really want to do the course not fuss around making camp after a long day and driving up. If it were going to be an empty site, no bother, but a busy one could be a snarl of lines and tents to negotiate too. Especially if parking is going to be tight.
I can't get away any earlier since J's working and might have to work late too.

cheers,
M

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Not sure on that Toddy, never asked about it, but isn't the hall where the shop is, if so I doubt that they would consent. I have been offered a couple of Icelandics tents, whatever they are, as I have'nt seen them but if I get them before the weekend I'll see if I can arrange to put at least one up for you in the afternoon when I arrive, hopefully there will be some of the group already there to help, while I get the hall set up.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The shop is closed and locked but the main doors are left open so that the hall and the loos are accessible.

It was just an idea.

Thanks for the offer on the tents, but I think it'll be easier if J and I just leave here about 7 on the Saturday. That ought to get us there in good time.

cheers,
M

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Ah I thought that the shop and the hall was all together, I'll call George tomorrow and ask and see what they say, I must admit it would be handier for me too with the kit I need to bring.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yep, but it was late on before we gave in and crashed. Freezing cold outside.....mind Andy froze his head to his tent :eek: ........or nice quiet hall with cushions :rolleyes:
Nae contest :D But George was with us too that night.
See what he says, it might not suit.

atb,
Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE