Bushcraft Etiquette (resurrected)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Having read through this entire thread, I am totally certain that I will never attend a group meet. By nature, we are set in our own ways. We all judge others by our own standards and not by the standards of the person in question. I am also certain that I will annoy people by my own actions, the main ones being I don't talk much and I don't like a wind up merchant. I have a short fuse and I don't mince my words. I am very comfortable inside my own head thank you very much. I can get lost for days exploring and be very content. But if you should bump into me, a polite 'hello' will suffice. Maybe a short conversation if I feel like it. It's unlikely that I will enjoy your presence but if I ever change my mind, a word or few of advice....

I despise seasonal joviality, noisy eaters, knife/religious/subjective bores, drunk people when I'm not drunk, chavs, people who introduce themselves by telling me their entire life story or who have no situational awareness. I could go on, but I'd just annoy people. Like I said, better off by myself.......

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Herman30 and Nice65

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Don’t forget to include miserable gits who sign onto forums where they summarise it’s existence and member variety with insulting and scathing remarks.
Have a happy ho ho ho Yule ;)
I don't believe that I offended anyone? I just wrote the reasons why I wouldn't attend a meet. Thanks for calling me a git though.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Van -wild, If you behave by the old rule ‘treat other people like you want to be treated’ you will be fine.

That rule is the only one that we should follow religiously.
Agreed. I like to be left alone.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I bet you feel better for getting that off your chest..........................lol
Yes I do feel better thanks . I enjoy a rant every now and then. I like your avatar as well.

'Don't ever argue with an old man, he'll just kill you.....' lol

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Van Wild
This is what your post made me think of :D

thumb_25.jpg

Reactions: Van-Wild

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK

I am.....

I will never .....

I am also certain......

I will annoy people.......

I don't talk much and I don't like.......

I have a short fuse.......

I don't mince my words.........

I am very comfortable inside my own head........

I despise ........people who introduce themselves by telling me their entire life story or who have no situational awareness......

Just of interest, how do you feel about people who introduce themselves by telling you everything about their personality and what they don’t like? ;)

Reactions: Toddy

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Just of interest, how do you feel about people who introduce themselves by telling you everything about their personality and what they don’t like? ;)
I don't feel anything. I don't physically introduce myself in such a way. I was following the theme of the thread, which appears (at least to me) to be a sounding board for folks to voice what they dislike about what can happen at a meet. My personality is my own. I don't force it upon anyone, nor do I wish anyone to force their personality on me. When we use phrases that include 'I' or 'my' we are being subjective. Your interpretation of my personality is also subjective. It's your opinion. Which you are of course more than entitled to. I don't expect you to adhere to my opinion at all, as I will not adhere to yours. Good day sir.

Reactions: Janne

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
It was an old thread you logged into, but it is nice to see it revived, anyway pull up to the campfire chat if you like if not, just stay warm and happy, welcome to the forum its a broad church forum, so everyone is welcome and their views are respected.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
It was an old thread you logged into, but it is nice to see it revived, anyway pull up to the campfire chat if you like if not, just stay warm and happy, welcome to the forum its a broad church forum, so everyone is welcome and their views are respected.
I doff my hat to you. ( I am allowed to wear a hat aren't I? I wouldn't want to annoy anyone..... lol)

Reactions: Fadcode

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE