Bushcraft DVD for beginers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alex101

Dec 8, 2011
Suffolk
Hi all,

It’s my first day on the site and was wondering if anyone knows (apart from Ray) good practical/knowledge based Bushcraft DVD's based on the UK's environment.

Thank you

AB

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
i think there's someone called birchtree productions that do a few .......have a look on you tube for gawletap i think hes the chap behind it .......no affiliation blah blah blah.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
First off, welcome aboard Alex, perhaps you could give us an introduction in the appropriate forum.

Next, Bushcraft covers such a wide range of topics that anyone would be hard pressed to get them onto one DVD - Ray does a good job, but it is by no means an indication of everything.

There's plenty on Youtube, but you have to learn to distinguish the good stuff from the not-so-good!

ATB

Ogri the trog

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I second the DVD's by Pete Gawleta of Birchtree productions the titles are Basic Bushcraft and survival skills a good collection and you can see how he progresses his skills of the dvd's during different seasons and doing different tasks and projects.

Dec 10, 2011
Epping Forest
Lofty Wiseman's one is 'Trueways Survival Skills with Lofty Wiseman' which basically follows a small group taking part in a Trueways Survival School course and costs £24.99 from their website. I would say it's a pretty good DVD for beginners.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Lofty Wiseman's one is 'Trueways Survival Skills with Lofty Wiseman' which basically follows a small group taking part in a Trueways Survival School course and costs £24.99 from their website. I would say it's a pretty good DVD for beginners.

Before buying anything from Trueways I would read the threads about their financial stability (aka going bust)

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71930

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE