Bushcraft Dogs...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
There are some amazing bushy dogs out there!
This is Brochlach (or Broc for short)-he was rescued from the pound at 3 months old and we don't know what he went through but he was terrified of people and pretty much nervous of everything. After a lot of trust building and loads of love he's now a much happier dog.
stockiemuir058.jpg

pwb

Here's my two, Max (black with the ears) and Eddie.
DSC00513Small.jpg

DSC01164Small.jpg

Both rescued from the local kennel, kind of a job lot had together or not at all. They've lived with us for seven years now and we'd be lost without them.

Pete.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
IMG_0300.jpg

Alfie making the most of Red Kites bergen this weekend to get out of the wet and wind

IMG_0302.jpg

Archie (the one with the green fleece on) playing with one of Jedidiah's labs

SteveW

Forager
Dec 10, 2006
Launceston,Cornwall
My pup is a good bush dog coming along fine.She is a Siberian Husky.
Heres a few of her in action
Hiking in the Alpine Selkirk Mountains
P8230050.jpg

Taking a break on the trapline
traplineFeb007.jpg

The proper canoe seating arrangement
IMG_0006.jpg

Thanks
Dan'l

She is lovely, and well behaved... if I let my Siberian off the lead, he'd be away to the hills like a rocket. :eek:

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
a bit of a bump on the thread but here is mine:

He's calle Archie and he's the most pathetic wimpy dog ever, but I don't love him any less!!

PC200049.jpg

PC200046.jpg

PC200047.jpg

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
I take Toby my Border Collie something cross!!
He's a big lad with a great nose and wicked ears.
He ain't a bad retriver for a Collie, not quick enough to catch them though.

For some reason he dosen't like me crawling into my bivi. He runs over and paws me.
Probably complaining about his meagre tent/bed! :D ...Oh and he still pesters me to take him for a walk even though he's got all the forrest to roam in. :)

I'll post a pic when I get home, solar power and cell phone in the middle of a forrest!!!! :eek: ...... Got to get some work done but just had to get out! ;)

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Picture625.jpg
do u like this wee fella ? this was our last wee dog .we dont have him any more. my wee lad has a wee lurcher bitch now,which is joint at his hip ! i,ll dig out some pics of her.

East Coaster

Forager
Oct 21, 2008
Fife/Scotland
My wee pal Meg. She's just turned 2. Got her from the guide dogs (failed for being too distracted) a year ago.
She loves the outdoors as of course all dogs do and this is her first munro, Na Gruagaichean just north of Kinlochleven.
Got her a backpack now and looking forward to taking her for long hikes this year.
P1010012.jpg

And here's my old faithfull. Ben is 12 now but thinks he's still a pup. He doesn't like the car much so doesn't travel far with me. He was also a rescue dog we got when he was 2.
P1010069.jpg

U

uk ken

I have a 6 month old labradoodle called Beth. She will be coming with me on my next outing.

Regards, Ken

East Coaster

Forager
Oct 21, 2008
Fife/Scotland
Nice dogs, everyone! I had to put down mine last September. F##### cancer.

Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened with my first lab. He was only 8.
It's completely heartbreaking when it happens and something non dog owners just don't understand. I'm sure you gave your dog as fine a life as he/she could have wished for.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
hi everyone here is a pic of my staffy who will be with me on my wild camps..shogun
Picture038-1.jpg

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Mine's called Marley (nothing to do with the film). We got him from my neice when she moved house and wasn't allowed pets. He's a Husky/Black Lab cross. 14 months old and an absolute nutcase

In Bushcraft mode
ambitious.jpg

And a better shot to show what he looks
Marleygarden.jpg

He really loves to run. The more he runs, the more he wants to run. The only thing he loves more than running is water. he's the only dog I've ever seen that will quite happily stand with his head underwater looking for things.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Here's my dog Bonnie, she's a 10 month old German Shepherd.
She's shaping up to be a great bushcraft dog. Enjoys laying by a campfire, chasing deer & trying to catch rabbits.

8589854853_a4df7296a7.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Here's my, totally useless, lurcher now 12 and my, equally useless, old cairn terrier/poodle cross who is sadly no longer with us, after 16 years of quality companionship
View attachment 1

Attachments

• Dogs.jpg
    Dogs.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 9

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE