Bushcraft Courses - women specific?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
Hi,

I've been looking at courses in the UK over a weekend for bushcraft (1-2 nights) I am a keen camper and can light fires etc but want to learn more skills that means I am more capable with the natural resources available to me. I like the look of the Ray Mears courses and possibly Trueways survival. Does anyone have any experience of these and are there any good female only ones - or are the mixed ones not too bad with ratio of men-women.

Appreciate any feedback - cheers.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
why not pop along to one of the local meets?, they are all friendly affairs and lots of opportunities to learn from like minded people

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I agree with Kepis, the Sussex meet is good and there is always people willing to help.
On the two that I have been to there were people teaching fire lighting skills, wooden spoon, carving, tracking, mushroom foraging (licensed and knowledgeable ).
Friendly and nice time had by all.
Good luck on your quest.

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
Thanks for all the replies, I will check some of those out. Plus make sure I visit the "meets" section of the site and get myself down to one soon. Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE