Hello from the Peak District.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manitou wolf

Oct 22, 2021
Buxton, Derbyshire
Hi everyone,
I'm Martyn. I have been practicing bushcraft for a long time, having been introduced to it by my father as a child. I guess my main area of interest as always been the wilderness skills and crafts of the mountain men, trappers and the native Americans of Canada and I have been influenced by characters like Grey Owl, Bill Mason and more current Ray Mears, who shares my fascination with the native Americans. As well as bushcraft, I am a keen open canoeist. I am a qualified geography teacher, have a degree in outdoor education, and foundation degrees in both archaeology and the arts; I am now starting a wilderness skills woodland school for teenagers. It's good to be on here and I hope to have some interesting chats with some of you.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Welcome to the forum Martyn :)

I was always fascinated by, and drawn to, the the Native American cultures, and found wilderness skills inspiration from many early NA writers. More recently I have been studying our own British Lithic culture - even more alluring because we only have glimpses of it :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE