Another new member - Glasgow area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sj62x

Feb 27, 2017
Glasgow, strathblane
Hi guys,

Thanks for the add. Am new to bushcraft, had a first wild camping trip last year to the Galloway forest last year with a guide who showed us some tips and tricks - thoroughly enjoyed and looking forward to planning some more this year - happy for any suggestions as we are planning on going it alone this year.

My main reason for joining the website was to try track down a replacement knife and any advice would be appreciated. My dad just had his car stolen last week (assumed to be on a ship to elsewhere by now) - he could care less about the car but was gutted as his Ray mears/ Alan wood woodlore knife he had for years was in his "survival pack" in the car. I'm sure there are better knives but this one was special to him.

I know they are not available and it was an old knife, so If you have any thoughts on the best way to find a legitimate seller of one of these, I'm happy to take any advice. I assumed there would be a buy sell forum on here. We are going to see Ray at a show in Stirling in October, so was hoping to replace by then and possibly get him to sign the sheath for him (no idea if he does that).

Looking forward to getting some good tips from here for the wild camping :)

Cheers,

Scott

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Welcome to the forum Scott

Sorry to hear about the theft, I hope you're successful in finding a replacement

Feb 26, 2017
Glasgow
Welcome, I'm new as well and in your area. will be up for joining any trips that are being arranged.
Sorry to hear about the knife, had a quick google and it does seem like there's a 'pro' version that you can still get. But it's very pricey.

sj62x

Feb 27, 2017
Glasgow, strathblane
thanks Carrera, haven't managed to figure out any plans for wild camping this year - trying to fit it between work, trail building around mugdock for local biking and all other commitments - might start off doing some overnights up at mugdock while trail building and possibly some others up North later in the year - will post if doing a general one that would be good for a meet
S

sj62x

Feb 27, 2017
Glasgow, strathblane
Cheers all and thanks for the welcome.

Yes Billy, that is pretty much word for word what my dad said! hopefully I'll get one tracked down.

I did get an email back from the folks at wood lore to say he more than likely does a book signing after the appearance in Stirling so looking forward to that. Saw Bear Grylls last year but I think this will be a different experience in terms of show.

S

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE