Bushcraft courses in Ireland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Hi All,

Just wondering if any body has been on a bushcraft course in Ireland. I can find two courses online at the moment. One is from bushcraftireland and the other is Wild Live.

Any info on either of these courses would be appreciated.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Hi All,

Just wondering if any body has been on a bushcraft course in Ireland. I can find two courses online at the moment. One is from bushcraftireland and the other is Wild Live.

Any info on either of these courses would be appreciated.

Hi Preacherman,

www.dulra.org had one just last weekend - not sure when next one is. - you can email Mike over there for Info,

The course there is run by Anthonio Akkermanns ( also a member here ) from Wild Live. There is a review soewhere of my time. - I'll try and find the link.,

The guys at bushcraft Ireland are also members here, however i've not seen any reviews.

Regs

Loz

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Thanks loz.
I looked at that post today and it looked really good. I knew about last weeks Dulra course but couldnt make it. The Wild Live course is up in Fermanagh I think and would be a long drive from where I live. Their course looks good though, back to basics stuff.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
we had a bushcraft training thing there last weekend in Gort, Co. Galway.
pictures in my blog; http://irishlostboy.blogspot.com/
it was really good. it was a showcase project run by some lads from up north, on lough neagh area. they will be doing more stuff i am sure, and as and when i know what they are at i will put up a post.

another option would be to get our thumb out and have an ireland meet this summer? share the knowledge? or at least the beers. (gotta keep up the irish apearances) lol

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Nice pics.

As for an Irish meet I would be up for it. Its not like its a huge country, there must be a good middle ground to meet up. I am just getting back into this type of thing, mid life crisis, maybe?? so I would not have the knowledge that alot of you guys have but I would be prepared to help out if I could.

Hi all,

I am trying to organise a meet-up for all bushcraft interested people in Ireland and Northern Ireland on the 4th and 5th of October.
I will look after the site, "accomodation", food and also a skills-session or two. I will be putting more information on my site soon! I think that the cost will be around £15,- to £20,- per head for the weekend to cover the food and site-hire.

Kind regards,

Anthonio Akkermans
Wild-Live

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
put a post up in the relevent section of the forum for a meet in july. please let me know how this grabs ya.
meet-ups and social chatter/ ireland.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Hi all,

I am trying to organise a meet-up for all bushcraft interested people in Ireland and Northern Ireland on the 4th and 5th of October.
I will look after the site, "accomodation", food and also a skills-session or two. I will be putting more information on my site soon! I think that the cost will be around £15,- to £20,- per head for the weekend to cover the food and site-hire.

Kind regards,

Anthonio Akkermans
Wild-Live

Hi Anthonio

I tried to reg on site, but my browser failed to load the page, Will you take this post as registrtion, and ill pay you cash when i arrive ?

Ta

Laurence

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hi,I used to live in Ireland until recently,I can remember there is a small school that runs courses from Wicklow.Im not sure I can remember the name of them.But you should be able to google um.Will have a look for you if you cant find

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Thanks for that Salad.

Things have moved on since I posted originally. I have found a school in Kerry that is only a couple of hours drive from where I live. I have been down there a few times already this year. I did a bird language course about a month ago and have just come back from a bushcraft course there. This last course was free to all.

Info about that school here http://www.ipna.ie/index.html for anyone thats interested down in this part of the country or any part of the country for that matter...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE