Bushcraft Club

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
not to put a downer on the idea(which i think is fantastic and I'm all for it...)

i have two issues:

1) I'm stuck out in east anglia, and nobody else is(to my knowledge).

2) how can we /should we be selective with the members?

:-?

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I wouldn't mind organising a Thames Valley Wing. As has already been suggested we could meet up once a month to discuss some gatherings etc. The Dartmoor meet-up was a lot of fun and a nicer bunch of people you couldn't wish to meet. Not being the richest bloke in the world though I spent £100 quid on Petrol, food etc and can't really afford to do that too often. Also if we arranged some local meet-ups a friday and Saturday night out camping would be a lot easier. I took a day off work to get down to Dartmoor on the friday. If I'd travelled after work on Friday I'd have no doubt been stuck in traffic with every one else and their caravans getting away for the weekend, arrived late Friday night and only had Saturday and part of sunday to enjoy. It's a long way to travel for the short time. Local meet- ups and trips would mean people wouldn't need to take a friday off work and we'd have more time doing what we love doing with maybe only an hour or so's drive to get back home again at the end of the weekend.
As for being selective with members (please read Rappleby's 2000 Cautionary Tale) How about any new members to the local group being 'vouched for' by an already trusted Member of BCUK. As an example only - Jakunen has met me, and we could vouch for each other. I've met Buckshot and I would certainly vouch for him (top bloke) and some members who have already been out with or met up with others could vouch for those people etc.... Just my thoughts, your thoughts back would be welcome too. I suppose it will be up to someone to take the initiative and start something going in each area. Just do it... and of course there'll be a few problems to iron out but that will be what the once a month pub meet-up's will be for. No one needs to give out any personal details if they don't want to (eg address's) or only if you want to, to certain people. Any genuine member's will understand this..
So i'm going to take the initiative and suggest a Thames Valley initial meet up to discuss ideas etc and a way forward. So all Thames Valley Bushcrafters, What day of the month is best for you all ? I'm ok with the last friday of each month. Let's get the ball rolling....... :-D

jakunen

Native
Sounds like a great idea. You'd make a great club secretary! :wink:
There's a number I'd be quite happy to vouch for.
Last Friday of the month would generally be ok for me.
Now we just need to decide where to meet and what time (just bear in mind not all of us drive...).

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I'd be happy to help set up an east anglia club!
i just don't know anyone else in the area thats into bushcraft.

is it worth starting another thread on peoples area, i know lots of people view bushcraftUK, some of which from my area.

i don't have a problem if people want to remain anonymous using nicknames or whatever but to start a club in my area i have to know there would be an interest!

anyone in the norwich area?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE