Bushcraft blade for the ladies.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, no, no, no, no ........trust me, buy her a knife you want yourself :D and hope she'll let you play with it :D :cool:

That way she'll know you value her enough to buy her really good tools, and that they will be the object of admiration and covetousness; not Barbie Pink, "Aw, isn't that cute ?", and a patronising pat on the head.

On t'other hand, no thieving wee cretin's going to try and nick that one :)
Moras are good knives though.

Cheers,
Mary

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No worse than painting a gun mall ninja black or whatever.

I see colour as a matter of taste and beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder. I put a green handled tool down amongst leaf litter and wood chip today and nearly lost it (and before anyone bleats about it, try supporting a 10' long very thorny length of blackthorn one handed whilst folding a saw and putting it in a pocket). Green, brown and black are, for practical reasons, damn silly colours for tool handles.

Really - who cares. Its not as stupid as a baseball cap after all!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Agree with the tool handle colours.

Always wondered why people buy the Bacho Laplander over a Bacho PG72 for instance.

Might be a blade difference, but they're interchangeable anyway afaik.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No worse than painting a gun mall ninja black or whatever.

I see colour as a matter of taste and beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder.....

Agreed. It's just difficult to imagine someone with tastes that overlap guns and/or knives with Barbie pink. They seem to sell though so they must be out there.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
......Really - who cares. Its not as stupid as a baseball cap after all!

How about a pink baseball jersey? The local minor league team, the Blue Wahoos, are wearing pink as their home game color this year to support breast cancer research. Tradititionally the home team wears white while the visitors wear either a darker color or a pinstripe.

485550_508577012523696_181918127_n.jpg

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I said it before when we were all winding up Mr Fenna, we started selling pink ladies hillwalking boots which a lot of traditionalist staff and customers were horrified at, but they sold like hot cakes (even with the fake fur ankle trim and the diamanté in the sole) and as quite a few Dads put it - "If it gets my daughter wearing proper boots and out on the hill I don't care what they look like."

Also pink has been used in a lot of uniforms over the years and can look pretty dashing I think.

Lyope

Tenderfoot
Sep 6, 2012
London
www.lyope.com
How do you get your good lady wife to become interested in all things bushcraft? Easy. Pink Mora companion.
View attachment 19052
View attachment 19053

Whilst I'm fairly relaxed about what a knife looks like as long as it does the job for which it's intended - if we're talking pure aesthetics, then that knife is flaming horrible :rant:

I get really annoyed at this culture that says all you have to do to interest a woman in something is to colour it pink and she'll suddenly want it. It's patronising and embarrassing.

So strongly do some women feel about this that there's actually a campaign about it - http://www.pinkstinks.co.uk/

Charlotte
[SUB](who, for the avoidance of doubt, is both the owner of an OG Mora and a yew-handled, 01 bushy blade)[/SUB]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
Whilst I'm fairly relaxed about what a knife looks like as long as it does the job for which it's intended - if we're talking pure aesthetics, then that knife is flaming horrible :rant:

I get really annoyed at this culture that says all you have to do to interest a woman in something is to colour it pink and she'll suddenly want it. It's patronising and embarrassing.

So strongly do some women feel about this that there's actually a campaign about it - http://www.pinkstinks.co.uk/

Charlotte
[SUB](who, for the avoidance of doubt, is both the owner of an OG Mora and a yew-handled, 01 bushy blade)[/SUB]

I didn't buy it because it's pink and 'all girls love pink'. I bought it because my wife likes pink. Simple as that. I appreciate it's not everyone's cup of tea. I wouldn't carry it, but the wife will and she'll enjoy using it because it's in a colour and style that she likes. Doesn't every knife user choose a knife that they find aesthetically pleasing?

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE