Bushcraft and survival instructor blog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just finished reading your complete blog so far...really good...easy to read and great photos.
And as an ex squaddie who had the same desire as you have now I wish you luck in your chosen civvy career.
Maybe catch up with you in the woods sometime for a chinwag over a brew.

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
I am starting the next stage in my training next week with survival school, off to Scotland to undertake a week long extreme survival course, which should be fun.

Then it's on to my level 4 bushcraft and wilderness living instructors course.

Then who knows!!

Looking forward to it, the blog will be updated soon for those who follow or are interested.

Cheers
JB

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
Extreme survival course done and passed, I have now started my level 4 instructor course. Has any one done the NFCE L 4 course? If so what's it like?

rg598

Native
Wait! Maybe I am missing a bunch of background here because I don't live in the UK, but do you guys actually have an accrediting body for bushcraft instructors? What do they teach you there, and who decides what should and shouldn't be thought? Is there an experience requirement (i.e. "must have spent 10 years as a back country guide", etc) for certification, or does it just require taking several week long courses? Can someone who knows more about this please explain it to me? I tend to feel very negatively about top down regulation of something as organic as woodsmanship.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE