Bushcraft, A male game...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I've been warmly welcomed online and at meets and feel really complimented to be accepted as an honorary lad, but that comes with accepting men folk occasionally blowing off steam together re the complications of the fairer sex which can be enlightening and tbf, it makes me a better and more considerate lass :D I'm very male brained anyway so mix better with men folk, I love the light banter and work parties. There's a fair few lasses on the Facebook page and a lot more who like the previous commenter said, have enjoyed the craftwork and /or lifestyle without associating it with a 'bushccraft' heading :)

I'm a country lass and its so symbiotic with the bushcraft ethos, I've felt right at home from the start thanks to the kindness of the folk who i refer to as my bush brothers :D it's the community i feel most at ease with and i wouldn't change it by having more of anyone or thing!

Last edited:

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
If this is the case (which it probably is due to cultral upbringings etc) we should all try and get more of the ladies involved. My girl who's 7 is enjoying going out on overnighters as she's used to seeing dad talking and doing it.....my better half on the other hand is still reluctant. She's on the forums but doesnt come here at all. Each to their own which must always be respected, but I do wonder how awesome it would be to have her by my side on this great adventure.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE