Bushbuddy vs Bushcooker

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
With Christmas coming up, I'm looking for present ideas to give to the family and I had thought I would ask for a Bushbuddy stove, as one of my Canadian colleagues would be able to get it delivered to his home and bring it back afterwards, hopefully avoiding the potential import duty...

...however I see that Backpacking Light in the UK are just about to stock the Bushcooker by Qvist and, as far as I can tell from the pictures, this seems to be a clone of the Bushbuddy...

...so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether the Bushcooker is indeed equivalent to the Bushbuddy?

Thanks

Geoff

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I use a Bushbuddy - love it! The picture seems to me to show the same bottom component with a pot support that is cut differently. Looks like a clone using the same principle.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I think they are pretty much equivalent - I think the bushbuddy is supposed to feel better made, I currently use a Jim Falk woodgas stove (made from tin cans), it's a bit tricky to get the hang of but I have managed to brew and make some scran the last couple of times ive used it (plus it has a rather handy wee meths burner and bottle to use a backup). My main reasoning for going for this is that once its going it dosnt need refuelling all the time - fill it, light it - let it prime (to start the gasification) and then it will give you a good adjustable cooking flame for 20mins. Not quite the question you asked but It's good to always have options :). I think Pablo was big user of the bushbuddy wasnt he?

S

samye

I see that the Bushbuddy is here in the UK. A UK supplier is selling them on Ebay... also the Bushbuddy Ultra. About 18 Bushbuddys and 10 Ultras are in stock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE