Burying tin cans??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
so when you dig your shell scrape somewhere were people have been digging them in the same place for over 40 years

I recall digging in on SPTA for a bridge defence exercise and the adjacent pair laughing at us, 'cos they were just emptying a trench that had been filled in...

...until they got to the bottom and found that it had been a latrine trench! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Geoff

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Probably a bit of the old victorian practices kicking around in the book, Asa
They were notorious dumpers and buried everything.

It wasn't just the Victorians though.

It's been happening for thousands of years. You should see what that fellow Howard Carter found in the Valley of the Kings.

The locals were so shocked, they all went "Tut tut, C'mon!?"...

Is that my Camel? I'll just get my Shemagh :rolleyes:

Logical

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2010
Scotish Highlands
I am in the search for a sealable plastic bag that can be put in boiling water or boiling water put in it. Anyone got aany ideas?

Dunno if this is what you are looking for but this looks like something along those lines.
http://www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk/acatalog/Hydration.html

The Sourch Vagabond Liquitainer more or less do the job and can withstand freeze to boil technolgy without melting over your food.

Woo. First time ive contributed rather than just asking for you guys help!

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
They say that there's an entire sea of plastic in the sargasso these days :sigh:

We really do need to do more about making plastics and wrappings biodegradeable.
Even if it only happened in specific sunlight, moisture and temperature fluctuations.

cheers,
Toddy

Got to tell you this...

A little while ago I was in our immersion heater cupboard and found a load of finely shredded Tesco bags. My wife said, 'Oh no, we've got a mouse.' Judging from the amount of shredded stuff, more like several.

Then we found a load more shredded in the drawers under the bed in the spare bedroom. We started doing a real clear out, thinking we must be infested and cursing the lazy cat, who was sleeping on the bed as usual.

I grabbed a few Tesco bags from my 'office' to put rubbish in - we always hang on to and make use of the bags this way. Picking one up full of stuff, it shredded in my hands and emptied its contents on the floor. I rubbed another between my hands and it fell apart.

The things were shredding themselves! We didn't have mice, just a bunch of carrier bags in the process of decomposing :lmao:

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
The things were shredding themselves! We didn't have mice, just a bunch of carrier bags in the process of decomposing :lmao:

I think it is because they have corn starch added to the mix when they make the plastic for the bags, I have heard that you shouldn't put the bags down in wet weather as this speeds the process and you are likely to leave your shopping behind.

Wings :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE