bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Dave
Planning to be there Saturday morning. As previously indicated I'm interested in a refresher on the rabbit prep.
Thanks
No problem Bob will have a rabbit with your name on ;) . I will do the demo mid morning on Saturday and depending on numbers will either do 1 to 1 or a small group. There will obviously be some cutting so a good sharp knife is essential (I will be bringing a couple of spare mora's with me so don't fret). I should add that those that are already on the current list in Post #382 and have already requested the rabbit prep need not reconfirm. I will cut and paste the updated list into a new post at some point this evening so folks don't have to go scrolling back too far :)

Cheers Dave

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
what time will people be there till on sunday? its about an hourish from home so i'll hopefully be there late morning, don't want to turn up if no one's going to be there!

p.s Silverback i'd love to have a go at skinning on Sunday, i've done it before but practice makes perfect! if thats ok.... please!

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Updated Confirmed list and details as promised :)

Latest update 27th Sept @1340

1. Jason (Whole weekend)
2. Silverback (Sat/Sun Morn)
3. Aaron (Possibly Fri, Definite for Sat/Sun Morn)
4. Pitkin (Whole weekend)
5. Litefoot (Whole weekend & Rabbit prep)
6. Bootstrap bob (Sat/Sun Morn & Rabbit prep)
7. Swyn
8. Lupus (Whole weekend & Rabbit prep)
9. 3Please (Whole weekend)
10. Pablo (Whole weekend & Rabbit prep)
11. Paul W (Whole weekend)
12. Ratel10mm (Fri/Sat Morn)

Ben1 (Sunday late morning & Rabbit prep)

Those that have confirmed can you please PM me with details of the days you are doing i.e. whole weekend Fri/Sat/Sun Morn or Sat only etc. so I can update this list with details - Thanks :)

PLEASE NOTE: Deadline now closed for meal on Saturday evening - To summarise we will be catering for 11 and I will be doing rabbit skinning and prep for 5 (I will bring gloves, poly bags and a couple of spare mora's)

The only thing that's left to do now is look forward to it :red:

Cheers

Dave

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I have sent Google Maps to some of you with the location details. Please accept my apologies if you already knew how to get there :rolleyes: :eek: .

If you have not recieved a PM from me but need directions please PM me and I will forward you the details

Cheers

Dave

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Bump - To bring attention to final update for the weekend :) The only further amendments made between now and Friday will be to identify the days that folks will be present

Cheers

Dave

Aug 20, 2007
unfortunatly due to wifes birthday weekend i now cant come out to play, she did agree (whilst eating chocolate) to let me stay out with my friends untill after dark and even stay over if she had contact no.s of parents etc. She now has other plans for me, aint i lucky. cant afford divorce (yet) and patio not big enough to bury her under (yet). Will send box of biltong with pitkin for your fireside enjoyment . have a great weekend regards STICK

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
unfortunatly due to wifes birthday weekend i now cant come out to play, she did agree (whilst eating chocolate) to let me stay out with my friends untill after dark and even stay over if she had contact no.s of parents etc. She now has other plans for me, aint i lucky. cant afford divorce (yet) and patio not big enough to bury her under (yet). Will send box of biltong with pitkin for your fireside enjoyment . have a great weekend regards STICK
That's a shame mate - can give you a hand with the patio - give me a shout as and when :D

Jason - hurry up and bang out a couple of sprogs so you can have your shraftin' exploits severely restricted like the rest of us :nono:

BTW Rabbits now bagged for skinning and jointing demo :)

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Sorry I've been out of the loop guys. I'll be there on Friday, but have to go home Sat a.m.

Off to buy a tarp and some strapping shortly, so I can try the hammock! :D

Will also go to Makro & see about the hot drinks supply. If they have coffee sachets I'll get them - a bit more rubbish than a tin, but easier to stow. Obviously I'll get a tin if I can't get sachets. I'll try & get sugar sachets as well.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I've been out of the loop guys. I'll be there on Friday, but have to go home Sat a.m.

Off to buy a tarp and some strapping shortly, so I can try the hammock! :D
Will also go to Makro & see about the hot drinks supply. If they have coffee sachets I'll get them - a bit more rubbish than a tin, but easier to stow. Obviously I'll get a tin if I can't get sachets. I'll try & get sugar sachets as well.
OK matey no worries have amended the details to reflect :) If you draw a blank on the tarp I am sure Swyn would have no objection to you swingin in the barn overnight ;)

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Matt - I have a spare tarp you could borrow, although as I remember you are quite tall so not sure if you would fit beneath it in a hammock (I think its only 2.5x2.5 metres). Anyway I'll bring it along if you cant get hold of one.

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Yup, no luck on the tarp! :( Barn sounds good though!

I've got sugar & coffee, but for some reason my Makro card is blocked :mad: , so no catering size I'm afraid, just Tesco's. See you tomorrow! :)

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
i will be there early afternoon if you need a hand to set up Jason and already packed the parachute and water drum.
if anyone wants to do some spoon carving I'm bringing some nice bits of birch i will do a carving work shop for those who want some pointers.:D

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
thanks for another great weekend lads, the dinner on Saturday night was superb Dave and Jon. it was good to meet some new people and put faces to names. :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE