brockwell meet 18/19 august

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
VANDEEN can you translate? :) Is this 'were out' as in out to come along or 'were out' you staying in?

Hope you coming i've found some cidre..

Aht as in , not in, as in won't be mekin one in wi yor lot :eek: I've a warbonnet to buy , look at motors for swmbo n some tattoists to check on. Oh an a chalice to finish whittlin :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
AH an easy literal translation this time, not one requiring mis/interpretation.....
FOR THOSE LACKING IN "YORKSHIRE"

Ars that then ?

How is that then?

Me milkman set yer on :lmao:

Have you entered the employ of my early morning dairy produce distributor?

Aht as in , not in, as in won't be mekin one in wi yor lot I've a warbonnet to buy , look at motors for swmbo n some tattoists to check on. Oh an a chalice to finish whittlin

TRANSLATION
Out as in, not "IN", as in won't be attending the meet with all of us, He has a hammock to buy, some vehicles to examine for his dear lady friend, and some tattoo artists to liaise with. He also has a chalice to finish carving.

Is that for a handfasting Chis? Yours?

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
AH an easy literal translation this time, not one requiring mis/interpretation.....
FOR THOSE LACKING IN "YORKSHIRE"

How is that then?

Have you entered the employ of my early morning dairy produce distributor?

TRANSLATION
Out as in, not "IN", as in won't be attending the meet with all of us, He has a hammock to buy, some vehicles to examine for his dear lady friend, and some tattoo artists to liaise with. He also has a chalice to finish carving.

Is that for a handfasting Chis? Yours?

Thas dead reyt wi wurdin, chalice fo suppin aht on wi flower rider an his posh cyder :beer:
Gud call wi handfastin, wur wurkin on it. Might even b t'brokkers ? Gud elth owd cock, al Sithee afta if a dunt Sithee afore :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reet just finnishin me beer N picnic with wor lass and the Ootlaws so arm aboot tae get gannin mesell, Arl sees yas arl in a bit! . Arl translate Chis's post later in porson fo them wot gans.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
hey gents have a good weekend, now remember no broken limbs.....;) but if there is just shout Nathan...:):):):):)
Cheers Lannyman, We're all off to bed now, no injuries of any kind, but it's the first outing for my homemade woopie slings and I've just climbed into the hammock so time will tell. Just the four of us, dday and nathan haven't showed up? Night all !

Last edited:

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Love the candid picture of you making use of ya home made whoopie slings there vandeen

5227f127-ad6a-fa77.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nice thing just happened, sitting on the "couch" having a post lunch beer & smoke when I heard the clank of the gate, expecting someone to appear I was listening and lookin about when a doe deer entered the woods not 20 yards to my right and proceeded to walk down the hill away from me, about 50 yards away it crossed my downwind path, scented me and was off & away.

Last edited:

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
cheers lads for coming it was cracking weekend cant believe we missed the deer but i hope you enjoy the peace and quite vandeen i wish i could have stayed to enjoy it with you.

ps ive just about managed to type this with the blisters.......... did i mention i had burn blisters on my hands :lmao:

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
ps ive just about managed to type this with the blisters.......... did i mention i had burn blisters on my hands :lmao:
Really? You should have said if you wanted something to stop you complaining about the pain.......... Like a gag ;-)I'm sure I could have knocked something up.Home now and drying kit out.Thanks again for a good weekend to all.I Saw more deer legs again later when I was looking out from under the tarp in the rain, were a good 70 yards away though. I had a magpie in really close looking for scraps as well and the number of big fat wood pigeons that came in when it rained just wouldn't have come had I been allowed to shoot them. GRrrr.........

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
how was it a state stu ? to be honest it was nt to bad we cleared up part burnt wood from other pitches for our fire and i noticed a few burnt standing trees which i hate seeing but no different from other times ive been and some young'ns on a quad but they left after an hour

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
just as you described it really Andy,..

the bits of semi burnt processed timber are never good to see,..

a few broken beer bottles too,...and a million fire scars

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE