Brockers Anyone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ok dudes all is well, passed my cat C theory so all is well fro the weekend....:)

Chis below is all the info you might need about brockers, any probs just txt or PM me mate....:)

i think the water problem is to do with the fact there is an old dump near to the site, this will mean heavy metles and possibly toxins leaching into the water source from that site....
the farm house has a tap which it 10 mins walk and there is also a toilet there..... there are a few rules which i will copy and paste now for all to see..... the site has been booked provisionaly for 10 people by my self...... there are rare breed pork sausages and chops for sale (frozen) from the farm house which is where the toilet and water tap are (10 mins walk)
Information for prospective campers at Brockwell Woods:
If there is space on the date you require, it is helpful to know what time you would arrive. If we are not going to be in, I usually leave maps, spades, saws, rubbish bags, water bottles as required for you to borrow and return outside the front door. I leave an envelope with your map to post your fees through the letterbox.
It is a proper 26 acre wild wood, no toilets or shower blocks - you can get water from the house and there's a WC there too. There are lots of little clearings and places where you can camp throughout the wood so you can just pick your place - the map will help you to find them. If you have a car, you can drive across the fields into the wood and park near to where you will camp, or if you would prefer, park at the house and walk across the fields. It is 10-15 minutes walk across to the wood.
We expect people to leave the wood as they find it - take nothing, leave nothing. You need to bury human waste, burn paper, ESPECIALLY TOILET PAPER, and collect up and bag all rubbish. You can leave this at the house if necessary.
We expect people to behave with consideration for others who are camping, local nearby residents and the environment of the wood.
Please note that we require groups to sign a signing in sheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, car registration where appropriate agreeing to this statement:
“We expect that campers will take responsibility for damage to property and the environment. Signing your name on this list implies that you agree to behave reasonably, with consideration for other campers, local residents, property and the natural environment. We will take appropriate action with the police and through the courts if this is not the case.”
We charge £8 per person per night, £4 per child, under 5s free.
You are welcome to light fires responsibly, clearing up after them. There is plenty of dry wood - fallen and felled trees which can be cut up for firewood. You do not need to fell live trees.
Dogs are fine too if kept under reasonable control.
Please let me have a mobile phone number, address and car registration.
Steph

Here are the instructions to get here by car:
From the Western Bypass (A1 to Hexham) follow signs to A695 Blaydon, or from Scotswood Rd, go across Scotswood Bridge following signs to the A695 to Blaydon and then Prudhoe. At Blaydon roundabout you'll see a MacDonalds. (Don't stop there!) Take the Prudhoe road A695 out of Blaydon, 1st mini roundabout turn left, (not signed). Follow road round until you see a left turn – Herd House Lane, signed to Blaydon Burn.This is the second left off that road. Turn left and follow road to the end then turn left onto Liddels Fell Road. Follow the road down into the dip, There’s a sign Blaydon Burn & 30mph sign. You see a white house, a stone house, Longridge Road, a pylon, then as the road curves sharply to left and up the hill, you’ll see a gap in the stone wall on the right marked Blaydon Burn House. Turn right, bump up the track and you’re there. Look for the conservatory on the left behind the very large holly.
If you miss that turn, take the next one right off Burn Road into Beech House, it’s the other half of Blaydon Burn House and the drive curves round in front of the two houses. It’s also a bit less bumpy.

You can get a 49 bus from Gateshead to Black Lane or a 32 bus from Newcastle Central Station to Winlaton and walk down Burn Road to the Beech House entrance.

The address is
Blaydon Burn House and Farm
Burn Road,
Blaydon on Tyne
NE21 6JR

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
10-4 cheers
b260abb8-bfd2-29ad.jpg

sweet mate

The misses took a tumble down the stairs
Her leg is badly bruised and shes limping (on crutches) but in pain.

I've just finished phoning the last of the family and friends to arrange so extra help with the kids for her.

So now it's time to unpack my bergen, check it and repack it..

Anyone checked the weather reports for the weekend?

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Guys I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to pull out of this one:(, The misses simply can't manage, and to be honest I just wouldn't be able to relax knowing the Situation back at home, Sorry guys:(,

I'll see if I can pop down for a few hours tomorrow but no promises:dunno::dunno::dunno:

That's a shame mate, was lookin forward to a good catch up.

Oh yes forgot to say I'm now comming too. :):):)

Will be there Saturday morning, prob's getting dropped off by the Mrs somewhere & walking in, gonna go light this time....... I think!

Have we settled on an area for camoing then & a rough ETA for peeps?

Re "the toilet at the farm" that is mentioned somewhere above......
I asked Mike about it last time as I hadn't seen it anywhere but thought I'd read about it on here, he said it didn't exist!

Is it a new addition or something?

See you all tomorrow :cool: & hopefully with a bit more instruction/help/change of wood/bow/hearth board from Lannyman :You_Rock_ fire from wood can eventually be mine
:cool:

Cheers

Vandeen

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Nathan very sorry to hear about the Mrs, spend some time with her and hope she gets well soon, regards to you all at home...

chris.

Vandeen, glad you can make it, im getting there around 09:15-09:30 ish...will have a look see in the wood when we get there for some more wood, i have a few places where i know of some nice bits we could use....:)

the toilet is outside across from the house, its been said that proper campers dont need a toilet, according to "mike". i think they dont like people using it as it then needs more work, as in it needs to be cleaned and toilet paper needs to be provided etc etc etc. its there and can be used but its not the best thing to use though, id go in the woods mate....:)

looking forward to getting out this weekend, shame John wont be there he will be missed...:(

see you all really soon....whoooop whooooop...

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Jamie,

if you walk in a straight line towards the track,

then just before you hit the wood hang a left and walk up the hill about 2-300 yards,

then walk into the woods where the pines are ,...

.there is a hole in there after about 100 yards tho, so be careful ,...haha

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i just finished packing,...

not taking the dutchy either (less to carry)

i have a 16cm zebra instead,...

hopoe it dunt spoil anyones plans,...

Joel is bringing some Sponge Bob spaggetti shapes though and says you can share if you ask nice,...

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
Jamie,

if you walk in a straight line towards the track,

then just before you hit the wood hang a left and walk up the hill about 2-300 yards,

then walk into the woods where the pines are ,...

.there is a hole in there after about 100 yards tho, so be careful ,...haha

pooey stuey i knar where it is man, been going there 3 years now. i gots permission for air rifle fun times. so NUR :nana:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
pooey stuey i knar where it is man, been going there 3 years now. i gots permission for air rifle fun times. so NUR :nana:

Jamie Waimey!!!

i KNOW you know where it is you bandit!!

BUT,....i was simply explaining specifically where we were thinking about setting up,.....

do not anger me,..you do NOT want me to unleash my sweaty fury upon you!!! ,...:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE