BRKT TUSK Review - Pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

Blade:

The blade is one heck of a sturdy sheepsfoot. The 3” blade is more than capable of bigger tasks. The blade is convex ground and razor sharp out of the box. I’ve cut cardboard, wood and vegetables with it and did the job perfectly. A quick strop is all you need to touch up the edge.

DSC_0167.jpg

Handle:

The handle on mine is made of Maple bark bone, with red and white liners. The jigged bone did not cause any sore spots on my hand after extended use.
On the right side of the handle there are a few minor imperfections. Around the pins are little rough spot, which occurred when hammering the pins in I believe. These spots are really small (about 2 mm) and have no effect on the feel of the handle.
I’ve got the early 2006 version of the TUSK and it does not have the jigged spine or contoured handle. I’d like to test a 2007 model, but I think I won’t like the spine. The handle looks great though.

DSC_0166.jpg

Sheath:

This one is made by JRE industries and looks very nice! I prefer the looks of it over the new SSS-sheath, but don’t know how that sheath performs.
When I looked into the sheath, I noticed the welt isn’t glued firmly to the rest of the sheath. The stitching holds it together there. Not really a big issue for me as it still works great
When wearing the knife on your belt it rides nicely, although rather high.

DSC_0162.jpg

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
thx for the pics!
I have a few BRKT's and the Fox River is my favorite all around bush knife. I am hoping to add a tusk to the collection in the near future.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE