British woodland wild camp with friend and spaniel.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
great blog :)

i love the look on Bruno's face as he's guarding the sausages ! classic.........come any closer to my sausages and i'm gonna get the hump ! :) :)

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Did you tie your dog up overnight? I think mine (who takes a good few hours to exhaust) would settle briefly and then bugger off in the small hours. Do you bring a mat/blanket for him?

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Nice blog, now tell me is your dog on drugs, you managed to photograph a spaniel sitting still to take a shot or is it a very fast shutter speed. Mine never sits still always on the move can drive me nuts some times but good company.

D

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
Thanks very much for all the comments lads. It was a fantastic trip, and I consider myself very lucky to have Bruno.

@Simon, do it mate, its a great experience and your dog will probably surprise you. He'll definatly enjoyit, but just keep an eye out for ticks and the like on him afterwards.

@Spandit. I bought one of those giant corkscrew pegs from go outdoors (you can see it on the outside of my pack in the pics). But if you are camping in the woods it is a bit pointless as all you need is some good paracord and you can tie him up to a tree. My dog always wants to be close to me so I always have to tie him up so he is in reach. I take a fleece blancket for him and an extra camp mat for laying by the fire which he can also have to sleep on. I took him camping in spring and I think he got a bit cold do depending on your dog you may want to take him a coat too.

@Damascus. Bruno is ok when you keep saying 'staaaay staaaay' but you can see him itching to move. haha But just like yours he is absolutly crazy, hense the mrs needs a break from him sometimes. :)

@Pandabean. Thanks for reading the blog mate, if you have any feedback or requests just say, as it has not been going long so I am still finding my feet.

Thanks to everyone for reading.:)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
King Pin I had a real belly laugh, so I am not alone here then. I tied him up one time in the woods got in my hammock, he jumped on, then off, then on again and off. Trouble was the lead now was completely wrapped around me and he wanted to play, had fun getting out of that.

Yet to do an overnight with him, have I the nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
ROTFLMAO!!!:lmao:

Do it mate, your dog will love it. Whats the worse that will happen? Remember- even your dog sleeps! ...allthough it may not seem like it sometimes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE