Trip Report Woodland wild camp, nettle cordage and spoon carving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Hi de hi campers, hope all is well.

I got out on a camp at the woodland permission over the weekend and thought I'd share my video of the camp. I met up with a friend of mine (Descattys on youtube) and we practised a few skills. I tried my hand at making nettle cordage for the first time - was quite happy with how simple that process is so I'll be doing more of that in the coming weeks.

I also did a bit of spoon carving, or rather I started it. My carving is taking a bit longer at the mo due to a 'Tennis Elbow' injury!

Rather annoyingly I nailed the fire lightying drill but forgot to press record on the camera! I managed to get the fire started using only the materials that I gathered on the day (mainly fine feather curls from dry wood) and was pleased with that, I just need to improve my camera work! Des managed to capture the footage on his video though so not all was lost.

I also spent the night in my wool blanket and left the bivvy bag at home for a change, it was a colder night than anticipated, but I got through it ok.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE