British Blades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good to see you around again, Parbajtor :)

EM is there as an option. Not the same type of place as BB, though a lot of familiar names. Different tone and ambition, I think, and of course suffering greatly with the slings, arrows and general self-destructive silliness forums seem to be able to bring upon themselves.

Ironic that you'd post that comment here, on a site that's well over fifteen years old and still running well with minimum hassle.

Reactions: Billy-o

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
I like many others miss BB and would like to see its return . Hope Martyn will recover ok to take the helm again .
In the meantime is something simmilar continued elsewhere ??

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sometimes it's not so much about the buying and selling (and ROF is available for that too) but the discussion that folks want though.
Does EM charge folks more than just the membership fee ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I knew there was something about EM's selling that was different, just couldn't mind what it was though.
Ah, right, just recalled it and why it came up.

Okay, so there's here, EM, ROF, anywhere else ?

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Blade Forums, BCUSA ... Messer Forum, there's Neoczen and sites in South Africa and Australia. BCUSA is more or less a gun and knife site with some outdoorsy philosophy and tips. There's a few favoured makers though, so be aware of that, and the knife knowledge, which is in some members extensive, is worn very lightly even when it does manifest

Reactions: Toddy

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Blade Forums, BCUSA ... Messer Forum, there's Neoczen and sites in South Africa and Australia. BCUSA is more or less a gun and knife site with some outdoorsy philosophy and tips. There's a few favoured makers though, so be aware of that, and the knife knowledge, which is in some members extensive, is worn very lightly even when it does manifest

Couldn't disagree more about BCUSA

It is an absolute wealth of information and a very friendly place

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Couldn't disagree more about BCUSA

It is an absolute wealth of information and a very friendly place
You’re both partly rIght:

-Yes they are extremely friendly and full of knowledge and experience.
-Yes guns and knives are much more prevalent on BCUSA. Frankly guns and knives are inextricable from the very concept of bushcraft (outdoorsmanship) in the US. Indeed guns and knives are inextricable from rural life.

Reactions: Billy-o

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
a very friendly place

Didn't say it wasn't that :) but the knife chatter isn't anything like as tuned up as BB in its heyday, or places like BF, AAPK etc ... not much technical talk about making or materials, not much historical discussion, few builds or WIPs

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Didn't say it wasn't that :) but the knife chatter isn't anything like as tuned up as BB in its heyday, or places like BF, AAPK etc ... not much technical talk about making or materials, not much historical discussion, few builds or WIPs

but you did say

BCUSA is more or less a gun and knife site with some outdoorsy philosophy and tips.

And I still disagree

Reactions: Herman30

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
In my opinion on BCUSA there is not that much about guns. Only one Firearms-topic (which I don´t read).
And in the other topics (Activities, Skills, Gear/Kit) there is extremly little about guns.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Disagree away, old fruit. Maybe we have different search results under Recent Posts. I am pretty regular there under another username and find it gunny. Sometimes very.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Disagree away, old fruit. Maybe we have different search results under Recent Posts. I am pretty regular there under another username and find it gunny. Sometimes very.

I just hit the new posts button, and just did, 10 pages in less than 24 hours, yes there are a few gun threads, but there are more actual practical bushcraft threads by a long chalk

If only we had that much new content here...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE