British Blades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fielder1963

Aug 29, 2013
Shropshire
I'm not trying to be contentious, and please forgive me if this has been answered, but does anyone know if British Blades is finished permanently? I hope not, I enjoyed it.
Mods please delete or move this if not appropriate.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
There are a few threads here about it. To put it simply and bluntly, the owner is unwell, he hasn't been able to maintain the forum due to this, he has lost some good moderators because it became difficult to manage the place without his input, and the huge library of tutorials and pictures has been utterly buggered by Photobucket dumping everyone's pictures. Photobucket was the hosting site of choice for many years, it's made a big hole in loads of blogs etc. Crappy thing to do in my opinion.

I feel for the guy, and I'm one of the only people who has been able to make contact with him during (both) our health issues and the forum issues. I've taken a step back for now and I'm not holding my breath. I'll give it some more time and get back in touch with him at some stage. Not now though.

Last edited:

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
Missing Portobello Road.... There were lots put up for sale on BB, Edge Matters covers most the info you are missing from BB, but the Sales Section over at EM is a fair bit quieter than BB was.

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Glad you mentioned this Fielder as I was about to ask the same question. Thought it might be due to recent hysteria over knives in general.
Sad to hear its illness related.
Riven.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
There are a few threads here about it. To put it simply and bluntly, the owner is unwell, he hasn't been able to maintain the forum due to this, he has lost some good moderators because it became difficult to manage the place without his input, and the huge library of tutorials and pictures has been utterly buggered by Photobucket dumping everyone's pictures. Photobucket was the hosting site of choice for many years, it's made a big hole in loads of blogs etc. Crappy thing to do in my opinion.

I feel for the guy, and I'm one of the only people who has been able to make contact with him during (both) our health issues and the forum issues. I've taken a step back for now and I'm not holding my breath. I'll give it some more time and get back in touch with him at some stage. Not now though.

Whxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Missing Portobello Road.... There were lots put up for sale on BB, Edge Matters covers most the info you are missing from BB, but the Sales Section over at EM is a fair bit quieter than BB was.

even worst since now you have to be a paid up member to buy stuff as well as sell - can't even use their PM system

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
BcUK is my Home page :D and I thoroughly enjoy the conversations, the sheer range of knowledge and information freely offered, the whole family friendly ethos of the site, but it's not a great place for knife sales/collectors. Mostly folks here buy to use, to try, and to pass along at fit the budget prices.

You could try ROF.
It's a very adult site, where they will rip the innards out of idiots, but you can buy without paying, and if you bung a fiver in the pot, you can sell too, and they do know their knives :)

M

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
BcUK is my Home page :D and I thoroughly enjoy the conversations, the sheer range of knowledge and information freely offered, the whole family friendly ethos of the site, but it's not a great place for knife sales/collectors. Mostly folks here buy to use, to try, and to pass along at fit the budget prices.

You could try ROF.
It's a very adult site, where they will rip the innards out of idiots, but you can buy without paying, and if you bung a fiver in the pot, you can sell too, and they do know their knives :)

M

Here you go. ;)

http://www.realoutdoorsforum.com/forum/index.php

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I would consider it history until told otherwise. I haven’t heard anything that leads me to think it might be up again anytime soon.

Correct, its staff are none the wiser here. It's gone, or sitting on blocks, I don't know. Assume it's gone.

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
so where is the best place to sell a blade now? I have a lovely Fallkniven I want to sell...

Edge Matters would be the place mate. Where a lot of the old BB members have congregated. There is also a few threads on there regarding BB, which may shed a little more light on the matter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE