British Army Machete

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi folks,

Been doing some searching for info on the army issue machete, but can't find anything so I'm obviously not looking right as I can't believe it hasn't been discussed. I'm trying to find out what people think of it as it looks ok for the money. Would really appreciate it if some one could point me in the direction of the relavent thread, or just tell me what they think about it.

Sorry if this drags up anything thrashed to death.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Motorbike Man said:
Hi folks,

Been doing some searching for info on the army issue machete, but can't find anything so I'm obviously not looking right as I can't believe it hasn't been discussed. I'm trying to find out what people think of it as it looks ok for the money. Would really appreciate it if some one could point me in the direction of the relavent thread, or just tell me what they think about it.

Sorry if this drags up anything thrashed to death.

I'm assuming you mean the British army golok by Martindale....This un
martindale-golok.jpg

They come in 2 sizes one with a 10 inch blade, the other 14 IIRC. They're good for what they were designed for, clearing dense undergrowth and heavy chopping and you can pick the smaller model up for about a tenner if you look around and it comes in a PLCE sheath. Hope this helps :)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm buying one at the end of the month... I don't care how good it is / isn't... it can't be THAT bad and it's cheap as chips so I won't mind abusing it :wink:

If you want to wait, I'm going to write up a little review.

Maddave posted

I'm assuming you mean the British army golok by Martindale....This un

That's the sucker, cheers guys, will probably go and get one in the next few days. For the money, they do seem pretty good although if my experiances with standard army issue cutting tools runs true, they'll probably need a need of work on the blade, but then for that sort of money it's not a problem :roll:

leon-1

mercury said:
Ah the "tree beater"

I have two on issue , I use them for chopping up cheese possesed

:eek:):

:rolmao:

I have one and have used it quite a bit, for the money they aren't bad, and once you get one sharp they hold a reasonable edge, but will require a fair amount of maintenance. The only problem that I have had with mine is that the handle has loosened a little, so I am going to put new scales on it when I get a chance :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE