British Army Bergen in OG

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Went over to the surplus shop earlier this afternoon to get some wool blankets and ended up buying myself a nice new, well new to me, surplus Long Back Bergen in OG:).

I've been looking at one of these packs for a little while for transporting timber back from my woods, as I'm always fearful of ripping my Sabre packs that i currently use and a surplus Bergen is going to be one heck of a lot cheaper to replace than a Sabre 75 is.

DSCN2630aa.jpg

The extra capacity of this pack will also allow far easier transportation of gear when the boys and i go for a weekend away as they only have relatively small packs and during the cooler months of the year, their packs are a little small for their winter gear, and lets face it, just because this is a 120 litre pack, doesn't mean it has to carry 120 litres of gear, in reality, i'll probably end up using the Bergen, eldest will use my Sabre 75 and youngest will use my Sabre 45, all either with or without side pockets.

Included with the Bergen were the side pouches and the yoke as pictured, sure being surplus there are few bits that are not 100% a couple of broken clips here and there, a bit of frayed stitching and the squaddies name is written in permanent marker in a couple of places, but they are only aesthetics, all of the main clips, zips & buckles are in place and in good working order, those that arent i can replace for very little cost, oh yes the price i paid for the whole lot, £35.00 all in.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Congrats mate, I fancy a sabre myself, but can't justify it when my web-tex bergen does the job, and is actually quite comfy when loaded up.
Hopefully you will be happy with the pack when loaded with wood!!!!!!
My daily pack is a Karrimor sabre delta 35 and I love it!!!!

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Congrats mate, I fancy a sabre myself, but can't justify it when my web-tex bergen does the job, and is actually quite comfy when loaded up.
Hopefully you will be happy with the pack when loaded with wood!!!!!!
My daily pack is a Karrimor sabre delta 35 and I love it!!!!

Cheers mate,

i love the Sabre, have two the 45 & the 75 with added side pockets and love em, but too expensive to risk damaging by carrying back round of Ash, Sycamore or Birch, my day to day pack is a Highlander 33 and i love it it, especially as i only paid £15.00 for it, but when im bringing stuff back from the work area on top of the Downs, ie where we met up, it's not really big enough, this Bergen was just too much of a deal to refuse, especially with the extras thrown in as well

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Good find & a good price.....these OD bergens are getting hard to find (online anyway) .............£35 for a longback complete with side pouches & yoke, a bargain.! :)
I've got an old DPM one & I have no complaints.:cool:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
the shop has a pile of OG Bergans about 4ft high at the moment, they wont be around for long though

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Exactly Richard, just filled it up so it had some weight in it and got the straps adjusted, now just have to get out and about and put it to use.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Are all Bergans ( long or short back ) 120ltrs?
Nice find Kepis, I got my first just before Xmas loving the bomb-proof quality of it!
Chris.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Are all Bergans ( long or short back ) 120ltrs?
Nice find Kepis, I got my first just before Xmas loving the bomb-proof quality of it!
Chris.

Yep they are all 120Ltrs, the short back is wider than the long, but they both have the same capacity

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I bought mine brand new about 16 years ago & it's still in great nick. Wish I had a Sabre, though, after seeing yours at the meet some months back

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I bought mine brand new about 16 years ago & it's still in great nick. Wish I had a Sabre, though, after seeing yours at the meet some months back

i love my Sabres, which is why id be gutted if they ever got ripped or punctured, this Bergen will do the job of carrying timber just grand though

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
i have mine here, but my scales are in the shed, can weigh it tomorrow if i remember

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE