Breakfast

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
What I'd like...
Fresh scrambled eggs, mushrooms, bacon, sausage and some form of bread (going to try experimenting with bannocks I think - they sound good). And a huge mug of sweet tea :)

What I usually have while camping...
Mug of black, sweet tea (I don't usually bother with milk, powdered or otherwise), and some sort of 'breakfast' bar...

Hmm... I think I'll be aiming more for the former when I camp next!

p.s. Cheugh bread sounds nice :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Humpback,

When I'm base camping I roast the beans on site (skillet roast) and then grind in a hand grinder. For lighter weight I roast and grind at home (but still squeeze in a coffee pot :eek:)

pot1gx6.jpg

Theres a thread around on it with pictures http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16039

Red

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
bacon sausages and beans.
or
porridge with dried fruit.
depends on how long i've been out, and whether or not I'm car camping or not.

And a large mug of green tea. If it's good enough for Nessmuck, it's good enough for me :D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Porridge is good, pancakes too. Coffee is great outdoors, not mega keen on coffee indoors, I'm more of a tea drinker but outdoors coffee seems to win through. The only problem with powdered egg is the fact that I have since found out it is made from Battery eggs! Nice one! :rolleyes:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I was reading about the real heavy fry ups on BB and I thought, mmm, no.
Then I wondered about communal breakfasts at meetups and the like and wondered if the fry up really was the preferred breakfast.

I

Although I just love a fry up and will go for that when out, normally at home its just 2x toast and porridge or some cerial... I love a Hobbits breakfast too, but that don't often happen....

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Spam - bang goes my dried egg :(

Thats something I never knowingly buy (FYI so is Helmanns mayo)

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Helmanns are supposedly stopping the use of battery eggs this year across their whole range. It really is frightening what is put in our food without us really knowing. And annoying! Well, I will use up the last of my powdered egg and then try and think of a seperate way of carrying eggs without them going green or exploding in my kit. Apparently they can be frozen.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Helmanns are supposedly stopping the use of battery eggs this year across their whole range. It really is frightening what is put in our food without us really knowing. And annoying! Well, I will use up the last of my powdered egg and then try and think of a seperate way of carrying eggs without them going green or exploding in my kit. Apparently they can be frozen.
Hmmm dehydrator time?

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
Porridge with sultanas and coffee. I'll only carry eggs if I'm on a long trip and then I'll boil them before I leave home, saves a mess in the rucksack :) and almost as good an effect as the army's brown biscuits.

I often use the army ration packs but find their breakfast meals a bit too heavy first thing; I tend to use them as a main meal turning a 24 hour pack into something that lasts me 48 hours. Probally says something above the amount of energy I use when I'm out and about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE