Breakfast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
After a night 'out' I love a hot meaty breakfast whether it's summer or winter as it sets you up for the day.

Aldi are selling bread mixtures for about 70p so I bought a wholemeal one to have a bash at wholemeal bannock the next time I'm out.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I'm dieting, sooooooo.

I'd have 6 small Lambchops, grilled, black pudding rings, fresh mushrooms.
A couple of eggs and 2 fresh baked Aberdeen "butterys" , washed down with black tea.
Now, there's healthy for you.

Ceeg

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I'm dieting, sooooooo.

A couple of eggs and 2 fresh baked Aberdeen "butterys" , washed down with black tea.

Ceeg

as long as you don't have sugar in your tea you're all right :rolleyes:

Mike

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
As an addition to me earlier post, its only when I'm out camping or on holiday that I can face brekkie first thing in the morning. If I'm on an early shift on the ward I'm up at 05.00 (need to be up an hour before leaving home), and its tea or coffee and a couple of hob nobs. BUT, comes about 10.00 I'm ready to feed, so its weetabix and banana or twice a week (max) I'll have one of the rather good full brekkies from the hospital canteen, bacon, egg, sausage, beans, mushrooms and toast, but they just put the price up to £1.19,,,,,,,, what a rip off:cool: That keeps me going until my evening meal

Red, your right about duck eggs, they are rather good are they not:) From time to time Goose eggs are available near me, good they are as well

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Don't forget to look on the tutorials on the site for how to make a good bannock. I think it was Hoodoos' bannock mix that Scruff cooked up at Middlewood with some cumin seeds and a bit of jerky and chilli powder added, and both Ratbag and myself loved it. I've tried to make it myself, it was good but not as good as Toms' effort.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
At home, toast...I don't have time for anything else
At events, rollie and 'gunsmoke' * followed by one of those breakfast in a can things, normally cold as I'm using the stove to boil more water for my second 'gunsmoke' (and tea/coffee for the rest of my group who think its a great idea....but never seem to have their own kettle :D)

If you want to take eggs out with you, get yourself one of those pressed ally soap boxes, one of them will fit a big egg(and kitchen towel packing) or two pullets eggs (if you can get them).
You can also buy plastic egg boxes, but I havn't worked out what size of egg they're ment to fit

*gunsmoke, a mixture of tea (however you normally take it) and dark rum, there is NO better way to start the day

bushman762

Forager
May 19, 2005
N.Ireland
I've just finished mine, I had leftover potato, mushrooms, bacon, two scrambled eggs and to keep it healthy ;) I added some fresh spinach. That lot will keep me going until I get something! :lmao:

Pic of dirty pan is in a new thread.

Cheers

:)

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'm dieting, sooooooo.

Ceeg

*drools* Butteries *drools again*

If you've never had one, imagine a Croissant made with extra-salty butter - lots of it and then squashed with a hammer - at least that's how I've had them.

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
I usually cook the full monty when theres a group of us. On my own and its sausage and egg on a toasted English muffin washed down with green tea.
For a change i'll have a cold cheese and ham filled croissant (great for supper when warmed up by the fire)

I'm trying to eat less, this thread isn't helping.

Gailainne

Life Member
Hmm good thread, my contribution

Normally (a horrible work day) I have a glass of water or orange juice on the way out the door (dependant on how much beer I drank the night before), get into work and have 2 machine coffees in a mug with a breakfast bar, followed immediately by another cup this time tea.

On a day as Toddy described, if camping, it would be a full fry up; bacon, square saugage, black pudding, thinly cut mushrooms if I have any, thinly sliced potato, 1 large free range egg, 2 seeded rolls with butter, lovely.... all washed down with about a pint of QT instant white tea, half a sugar :D .

I also really like traditional oatcakes, Scottish ones ! but I prefer them as snacks, with the likes of smoked salmon, or cream and fresh home made jam :D

Stephen

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D :D :rolleyes:
I was just thinking that myself.

So, for a group effort:

Big pot of porridge.
Pot of Coffee
2 pots of Tea

Free range eggs,
Organic bacon,
Square sausage,
Pork links,
Black pudding,
Dumpling,
Mushrooms,
Hash browns (would fried tatttie scones do instead?)
chops? :rolleyes: :D
Fried tomatoes?

I can hear the arteries hardening now :p

Loads of rolls and butteries and funny soft oatcakes and butter. Plain loaf with butter and cheese toasted at the fire is good too :)

Not many for pancakes and syrup I see.

Basically it turns out that regardless of whether it's called a Scotch, Irish, Welsh or Full English Breakfast, the BcUK preferred option appears to be a fry up with a cuppa ( and a fag for those who indulge)

I'll remember :D

cheers,
Toddy.

FarPoint

Jan 15, 2008
Toronto, Canada
When I'm out and about, I always carry a freezer zip-lock bag with
1 tablespoon milk powder,
1 tablespoon protein (whey) powder-I like vanilla-
small handful dried cranberries
small handful of pumpkin seeds
two handfuls of your favourite granola

pour in either hot or cold water, mix it up and you are set up for the morning.

(of course, I will take the bacon and eggs if someone is willing to do the work, the carrying and the washing up!)

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Going off at an angle here but.
Does anyone else here take milk along by part freezing it and pouring it into a (steel) thermos?

:D :D :rolleyes:
I was just thinking that myself.

So, for a group effort:

Big pot of porridge.
Pot of Coffee
2 pots of Tea

Free range eggs,
Organic bacon,
Square sausage,
Pork links,
Black pudding,
Dumpling,
Mushrooms,
Hash browns (would fried tatttie scones do instead?)
chops? :rolleyes: :D
Fried tomatoes?

I can hear the arteries hardening now :p

Loads of rolls and butteries and funny soft oatcakes and butter. Plain loaf with butter and cheese toasted at the fire is good too :)

Not many for pancakes and syrup I see.

Basically it turns out that regardless of whether it's called a Scotch, Irish, Welsh or Full English Breakfast, the BcUK preferred option appears to be a fry up with a cuppa ( and a fag for those who indulge)

I'll remember :D

cheers,
Toddy.

Yup! I think you've just about sussed it Toddy and the communal breakfast meat fest could be called a British fry with regional variations (Ulster for me please - I like my potato cakes and soda bread!).

Looks like your campfire for brekkie then!!

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
You've got to be somewhere really remote to be more than about half-an-hours drive from a fried breakfast in Scotland. I often think we have more tearooms and cafés per head of population that anywhere else in the world. As far as I can tell, about 50% of the population of Skye run a tearoom... The other half run B&Bs.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
I must admit when camping with a vehicle for load carrying I always have:
1 X Large mug of tea
1 X Bowl of porridge (propper oats not ready yuk)
then,
1 X Large mug of tea
2 X Sausages
2 X Bacon
2 X Fried eggs
2 X Slices of bread.
Possibly some mushrooms too:p

If packing light, it will just be the porridge and may be an army BitB meal.
Sausage & Beans, Burger & Beans something on those lines and the water they are boiled in goes in the LARGE brew and flask for later.:D

I will be endulging in this lot at the end of this month, off up the Lakes for my Billy no mates weekend in the middle of no where. Love it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE