Breakfast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You're out, it's cold so that you can see your breath, no wind and it's dry though :) and not muddy (hey, it's my scenario ;) ) You slept well, the air smells of damp leaves and clean cold crispness, maybe a whiff of a fox somewhere. The embers from last nights fire are still warm enough that the fire will draw away in moments........what do you want for breakfast?

cheers,
Toddy

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Same as always.....2x sausage (linconshire), 2x eggs (fresh), 2x bacon (back, fat taken off), Baked beans, chips, and 2x toast....Oh, and a mug of tea please...Thats kind of you to offer Toddy, see you in the morning......:D
Seriously, a cup of tea to sort me out and then baked beans with sausages added in will do me ok...
What do you like Toddy..?

B

bushyboo

coffee and a fag while im waiting on the sausages to cook

Gordon

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
What would I want?

Hot porrige (oatmeal) smothered in real maple syrup, with a couple toasted crusts layered in real butter. And a caffeine fix, of course.

What do I actually have?

Well, that's another question. When out-n-about it's often whatever is left in the kettle from the night before, or some sausage roasted over the coals and a hunk of bread.

Of course, this all depends upon whether I get an invite to play "camp dog" from friends concerned about my nutritional health.

But many times it's also just a good jolt of caffeine, or three, and wait for the big meal at the noon break.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was reading about the real heavy fry ups on BB and I thought, mmm, no.
Then I wondered about communal breakfasts at meetups and the like and wondered if the fry up really was the preferred breakfast.

I want a wee bowl of porridge and then a mug of coffee. Let that lot settle for a bit and then maybe a cheugh roll with fresh mushrooms fried in a little butter and a mug of tea.

cheers,
Toddy

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Toddy,

I wondered about the meaning of cheugh, so I googled it. The only food related info was along the lines of this link: http://www.scottishsweets.co.uk/SweetieAnecdotes.htm

A quote from the link: 'Cheugh Jeans: “Luscious lumps of sweetness that yield themselves into a liquid satisfaction in the warmth of the mouth.” A speciality of “Ball Allan” the candy king of Glasgow around the end of the 1800’s. Cheugh means tough. Unfortunately we don’t know what jean meant.

I have to admit that I think what I found and what you mean isn't the same stuff :D . Can you explain a bit please?

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
I LIKE the full monty - I usually HAVE the tin of big breakfast and a huge cuppa

Cheers
Nick

PS on the norway trip its going to be dehydrated oats & rasins - yum

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
First morning out its generally smoked back bacon, toast, my home preserved butter (which is working out really well now), and a couple of fresh eggs.

Long term base camping it will become tinned breakfast grill, scramble from dehydrated eggs, oatcakes.

Bushcrafting I do like to bake some bannock and have with aforementioned eggs (I confess I take some fresh ones well srapped if I can).

Always with pot of fresh roasted and ground coffee.

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Cheugh :eek: for those southwards means chewy tough. I'm not fond of those rolls that are full of airy foam, I like one I can get my teeth into. They don't fall apart and they actually taste of bread too :D

Sorry, I'll mind my language :rolleyes:

atb,
Toddy

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Pidgeon breast with a nice cheese and garlic sauce, toast with a lightly poached egg and very strong coffee.
Ummm, wish it was yesterday , again..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE