Brain Fart - Haversack Concept

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Despite what the forecast predicted the local weather sucks at the moment so photo mission on hold till sunlight returns. Still lots to do and experiment with so it should be a while before I degenerate into Instagram levels of insanity cutting the labels in half on chocolate bars to spell rude words.
farties.jpg

Anyhow... back to this idea I had...
Was watching a scifi flick called Enders Game last night and towards the end the "hero" grabs a survival kit and I thought Oooh nice looking haversack. Ten minutes of mucking about with freeze frame later to no avail tried a Google longshot and behold one of them had been auctioned off along with other memorabilia from the movie. More photos from different angles can be found at Propstore Auction
img1.jpg
Supplemental Oxygen is of course seldom needed for Earthly bushcrafting but in our varying ways we do carry similar sized items such as water bottles, thermos flasks & swiss volcano stoves. My original sketch was as indecipherable as a doctors signature so had a stab at some photoshopping, it's not much better and the scale is not quite right but hopefully you get where I'm going. Keeps the bag contents clean and less risk of a leaky bottle wreaking havoc with contents. Plus there's nothing more annoying about a haversack than when you pull the water bottle out all the contents slide sideways to fill the void.
demo35.jpg

While you are here does anybody know where to find the carabina/hook buckle thingys used on the shoulder strap and flap closure? Ebay drew a blank so far, I'm guessing military / aerospace possibly parachute related.

enders bag 002s.jpg
enders bag 003.jpg

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
A gentleman does not discuss such matters... oh wait you mean vanilla Cosplay..:rolleyes:

No, was painfully shy a teenager and found the whole performance art thing both fascinating and terrifying. (one school play at infants they rolled me on and off stage using a skateboard, transfixed like a rabbit on a motorway ) Despite assurances things did not improve with adult life and never having learned to legally drive it's not really a practical avenue for me to pursue. Walking about in public wearing a costume brings even more attention as the Plague doctor of Hellesdon discovered. Don't get wrong I love what the Steam Tent guys are doing but its a niche I don't quite fit into...yet

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Quick Ejector Snaps. $60+ each new.

Last edited:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Fair question. I liked the overall shape and thought that the pocket on the lid flap was particularly nice feature as is the external bottle or stove holder. The original however is also about 17" tall now that I'm less sure about, would probably opt for shorter/fatter dimensions if I was making something my self along these lines. Then again some thermos flasks are close to that tall so could put the bag into fishing/picnic/ or even my EDC territory being ample for a notebook PC, small computer toolkit and sandwiches etc . Done professionally in dark leather with a big golden 'bullet' shaped thermos flask strapped to the side, hell I'd be tempted to don the brass goggles to match :)

Thanks Jared and ouch! oh well generic plastic snap buckles it is then lol

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
How about those metal clips from the old 58 pattern stuff?

Im sure Endicots can help

Tengu has never cosplayed herself but oddly her sf heroes/heroins dress like her anyway...

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
How about
1051_WEBBING_SNAP_HOOK.jpg

https://www.makefast.com/acatalog/1--Stainless-Webbing-Snap-Hook-1015.html

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Some suggestions back from the hive mind as an alternative for that parachute snap
release-me.jpeg
Post lockdown I'm going to have to find a local horsey shop and see what else they've got :)

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
There's also AustriAlpin Fashion Model Cobra buckles.. ContactLeft has them for £11-12

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE