braided pounches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
After finishing a braided belt for a back quiver, I started wondering about putting sheath on it, but not the style that hangs down, rather the type that is embedded in the belt - don't know if this is possible but would any one know of a way to braid a knife pounch into a braided belt?

have found a title by the aussie Ron Edwards (who has published quite a few good books - going by their contents) and also wondered if any one else has used his leather books.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
It's possible to backweave and insert laces to a braid without too much problem. A little bit of thought is needed to plan out what you want to do but the technique is easy enough.
Is this what you mean?
The problem I can see you'd have when making a whole sheath from braid is it will flex and stretch ALOT. Also, unless you put an insert in, the knife will quickly cut the laces of the sheath and it will fall apart. The problem may be that putting an insert in defeats the object of having a braided sheath in the first place ??? depedning on the original reason of course...

Hope that helps

Cheers

Mark

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
The examples I have seen, have mainly been for fold up knives, but this Ron Edwards book on the subject seems to contain a few examples and I suppose my idea for what is held in this braided pounch could be any thing really, including a tool to get arrow points out of targets (when used on quiver strap).
I'm getting his book sent to me and will see if they are the good idea that I'm thinking of.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE