Box 1 of 3 (maybe)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Darkwoodecho

Forager
Apr 11, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if this is in the right section, Mods please move if not......

Following on from this thread

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96214&highlight=

where I finished three similar blanks in three different ways, I thought I'd have a go at boxes, this is my first effort for these three, It hasn't worked out how it was in my head and I'm not sure it's worked out at all! but I thought I'd share it, even if it is a bit of a mare :(

BTBox11.jpg

BTBox12.jpg

BTBox13.jpg

I know what I was trying to do, make it different, allude to the fact that their intended purpose was fish prep, be a bit off the wall on this one etc. etc.

BTBox14.jpg

BTBox15.jpg

BTBox16.jpg

It's been a learn and good practice, so all is not lost and I'm glad this is "just" a hobby

BTBox110.jpg

BTBox18.jpg

BTBox19.jpg

I've inset a magnet under the blade so that sits OK, and interestingly, the box will not come apart even though it's not hinged, until the tab is undone, something to do with the thingonometry of the angles which was completely unintentional.
So all in all slightly disappointing, mostly with the insides, must read up on how these people make such neat linings, but worth doing as practice and education.
May revert back to comfort zone on the next box!

Thank you for looking, comments/critique welcome.

Elliot

Anzia

Nomad
Sep 25, 2012
Derbyshire
Nice work! I've been squinting at the pics trying to figure out what these mythical flaws might be and I can't see anything wrong. It's lovely craftsmanship, and I'd be very proud if I made anything half that good :)

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Looks superb real showpiece quality there.
and love the though of a dressing knife, ps I also love the inlay/ stand on which the knife and sheath are presented
Yours sincerely Ruud

Darkwoodecho

Forager
Apr 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Cheers for all the positive comments guy's, No2 is progressing so I'll posy some pickies when done, anyone have experience lining boxes with felt, can't seem to get a good neat "crisp" result at the edges, and using copydex at the mo, but not sure it's the right stuff,
Cheers
Elliot

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Lovely box, will the outside of Mk II match the styling of the knife handle?, that'd look gorgeous if the first had, not to say i don't like the fish artwork but if it matched the handle styling it'd look even more awesome :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE