Box 1 of 3 (maybe)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Darkwoodecho

Forager
Apr 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Well....
There I was, sitting quite smug chewing my pencil with my/your idea on paper in front of me when SWIMBO came home,
SWIMBO " what are you doing?"
ME " designing a box dear"
"That looks like a coffin"

BTBox22.jpg

BTBox23.jpg

(full marks me thinks smugly) " yes dear, that's the idea"
"Well your not making THAT in this house"
***? " erm may I en-quire as to why not, dear?"
Arms now folded, slight huff "I'm not having you making coffins in this house, it might be bad luck!!"
Thinks, be a ####### small person, say" but it's a box for a knife my lovelyness"
getting waspy "I don't care, it looks like a coffin and you're not making it, it'll be bad luck"
And Mark my friend there are times when it's worth a fight and there are times when you should seek cover ;)

So as a taster here is No2 WIP :)

BTBox22.jpg

BTBox23.jpg

and No3 failure :(

BTBox35.jpg

BTBox32.jpg

E

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Ah fair enough mate. :D Women eh lol.

No reason or logic sometimes is there.

Both these box's look good mate, Why is 3 a fail? :)

Darkwoodecho

Forager
Apr 11, 2012
United Kingdom
First off the angles were an nightmare, and I cut em all by hand, so the joints aren't that good (for me anyhow) secondly the span is quite large and the top and bottom boards had bowed a bit, I thought I could take that out in the clamping and fitting, all looked good, till I came to cut the lid, where the sides on the top didn't have the umph to keep the top flat :( and it reverted to a bow and broke a joint, weep

BTBox34.jpg

BTBox33.jpg

I might keep going as an exercise in attempt rescue and a learn, but it feels a right off, also it's not actually "true" and out of square. running before walking i think.
Hey ho

ATB
Elliot

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Unlucky with that one mate :)

First off the angles were an nightmare, and I cut em all by hand, so the joints aren't that good (for me anyhow) secondly the span is quite large and the top and bottom boards had bowed a bit, I thought I could take that out in the clamping and fitting, all looked good, till I came to cut the lid, where the sides on the top didn't have the umph to keep the top flat :( and it reverted to a bow and broke a joint, weep

BTBox34.jpg

BTBox33.jpg

I might keep going as an exercise in attempt rescue and a learn, but it feels a right off, also it's not actually "true" and out of square. running before walking i think.
Hey ho

ATB
Elliot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE