Bow Making Course at the moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi.

i have been asked about the Bhutanese Bow Making at the Moot this year.

I have seen two dates. I can confirm its going to be Thursday 23rd. I need to leave after the course for some filming with the BBC on bow making but will be back on the Saturday.

i will also be making mini bows at some point and possibly could be persuaded to add another day in the second week for those that cannot make the 24th.

This is course will teach you all the skills to make your own Bhutanese bow plans give you the bow making and tillers get experience should you want to go onto make a long bow or flat bow in the future.

All bookings for Bhutanese Bow Making Course should be made through the Bushmoot site.

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I can highly recommend this course folks. I went on it the first year and still shoot the bow 3 years later. Also made a mini bow which is sat not 4 feet away as I type this.

Wayne, if you need a "classroom assistant" I'll be happy to help out mate, assuming it doesn't clash with any courses I'm on. See you there fella.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Another recommendation!
I love the bow I made (with Bikers help!) and hope to get back to shooting it when I get my shoulder fixed....

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
If you happen to do a second course in later on (say the following Tuesday :p) I would certainly be interested.

Cheers

J

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Excellent, How do I sign up ? the bushmoot site only has the course on the 23rd listed.

Do I need to bring anything with me?

Cheers.

J

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
You're signed up. You can sort the pennies out with Tony at the moot.

All equipment provided and you should complete a bow string and an arrow. If you have your own axe and a knife great. If not I have plenty.

Excellent, How do I sign up ? the bushmoot site only has the course on the 23rd listed.

Do I need to bring anything with me?

Cheers.

J

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just my injection into the conversation, let's play it by ear at the Moot, the Tuesday is a Workshop day so we don't generally run courses the same time, so, let's sort this one out when we're at the Moot, if it works out then great but let's see.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE