Bought myself a Hoochie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Just received my Aussie Hoochie in the post, all the way from a company called Kitbag in Australia. (http://www.kitbag.com.au/)

It seems like a superb tarp, very high quality and really light at about 600 grammes. And at £36 delivered its a brucie bonus (bit better than the £90 off the Woodlore site)!

It took just 10 days to arrive aswell, so would definitely recommend Kitbag to anyone wanting an Aussie Hoochie.

cheers

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Well done - I got one off the same site a year or so ago. It's the dogs. I got stung for £16 by customs but it still turned out much cheaper than getting one over here.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
oooh interesting. i got one off ebay 2 years ago and its great.
any chance of some piccies , specs etc so i can compare as i had to replace the eyelets cos they pulled out.

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Two stud together to give good cover.

DSCN1176.jpg

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Aye thats the one Kerne! My brother bought an aussie hoocie Hoochie from Woodlore a couple of years back, and the tarp is exactly the same as the woodlore one, apart from the colouration is slightly more vivid / bright (it could be that my brothers one has faded a bit in the sun).

I will try and upload some pics tonight m.durston. The mrs has just bought a new eos so an excuse to try it out and take some piccies!!!

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com

Aussie Tarps or Hoochies fall into a couple of types...

The earlier ones were Olive Green and were a very Gucchi bit of kit to have back in the 80's if you were in the mob as 'Them' allegedly used Aussie Tarps as I supposed they swapped for something or other with 'Aussie Them' or 'Kiwi Them' during some far flung trip to the trees.

The SASS one is a DPM version of this produced to appeal to the Gucchi side of soldiers...

The newer Aussie version is the DPCU pattern one which Woodlore sell ( and to a degree popularised) It's pretty much identical in terms of size and poppers etc to the older OG version.

There is also a couple of NZ army versions also one in NZ DPM and one in an earlier NZ camo pattern the earlier NZ one is very well made and if anything a bit better in quality then the current Aussie DPCU version, also the camo colours are a bit better for Temperate climes if that sort of thing is important..

I find them ok but a bit small for a really expansive coverage. There is supposed to be an issue 'O' group sized version ( ie larger) of the Aussie DPCU tarp but I've not seen one. Woodlore sell the 'super tarp' which I suppose is the same thing..

There that's a lot about Aussie tarps.. I must get out more...:rolleyes:

HTH...

A

Allseasons

Just received my Aussie Hoochie in the post, all the way from a company called Kitbag in Australia. (http://www.kitbag.com.au/)

It seems like a superb tarp, very high quality and really light at about 600 grammes. And at £36 delivered its a brucie bonus (bit better than the £90 off the Woodlore site)!

It took just 10 days to arrive aswell, so would definitely recommend Kitbag to anyone wanting an Aussie Hoochie.

cheers

I just tried to order one and with delivery was £65 quid!? How come?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE