Bottled beer recommendations.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Not sure if it's already been included but I think that - as a bottled beer - Jaipur is really good and currently enjoying it - goes well with smoked haddock. - I discovered this for myself and talking of which ...........................

.................... Thornbridge Brewery (who do Jaipur) have published a cookery book that goes with their beers - anybody got it and can recommend any particular recipes - at £14.95 it seems pretty expensive especially as it isn't just recipes but a history of the brewery too

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
The state of my supply a couple of days ago.... Well nearly 2 weeks

hyna6u8e.jpg

suzy8ery.jpg

And tonight....
ymygyraq.jpg

The huge inns and gunn is still there along with 2 amstels

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I on a bottle of Budweiser in a raffle today. The American version.

Haven't tried it before.

Well, if, as the label says, it is the King of Beers, then I've just become a republican. :yuck:

Any recommendations as to what I should drink to take the taste away?

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I on a bottle of Budweiser in a raffle today. The American version.

Haven't tried it before.

Well, if, as the label says, it is the King of Beers, then I've just become a republican. :yuck:

Any recommendations as to what I should drink to take the taste away?

Sulphuric acid? I'm afraid you're doomed. The 'taste' will stay with you for life :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hmmm I'm enjoying a pint of my own devising, a golden ale brewed with 10% dry apple juice, a little cinnamon and vanilla - a kind of uber posh snake bite with a dry finish :)

When I say my own devising - Wychwood did it first (Snakesbite) - and a fine drop it is too!

Wychwood-Snakes-Bite-front-label.jpg

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ok, gimme a pint of that. Anything has to be better than that awful stuff.

I suspect you drank it as you would have drank an English beer rather than at it's proper temperature, which is just above freezing. That said, Budweiser (and most of the older brands of American mass produced beers) haven't been good for a few decades now at any temp.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I suspect you drank it as you would have drank an English beer rather than at it's proper temperature, which is just above freezing. That said, Budweiser (and most of the older brands of American mass produced beers) haven't been good for a few decades now at any temp.

Cold kills flavour. So essentially any beer that claims it needs serving very cold is admitting to tasting nasty.

If I had to drink a mainstream lager then Becks would be it.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Cold kills flavour. So essentially any beer that claims it needs serving very cold is admitting to tasting nasty.......

Different perspectives. Cold kills flavor in fats, not beers. If you live in a hot climate, then everything tastes 100% better ice a$$ cold (beer, water, tea, etc) with the only exception being coffee. Our beer, like our tea, is brewed deliberately to be served cold; yours isn't.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Different perspectives. Cold kills flavor in fats, not beers. If you live in a hot climate, then everything tastes 100% better ice a$$ cold (beer, water, tea, etc) with the only exception being coffee. Our beer, like our tea, is brewed deliberately to be served cold; yours isn't.

Cold kills flavour full stop. You taste with your nose and warmth liberates the chemicals that add to taste.

In hot climates you crave cold things. I think that it's a factor yes, but a different thing.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
That's a fair point, but you can look at it another way too. In the UK, at room temperature, US beers like Budweiser taste just awful. In the States, at room temperature or at chilled temperature, is the same true of UK beers?

I wouldn't know, as I'm in the wrong climate, so I'm genuinely curious.

(I know I'm generalising too about UK and US beers, when in reality there is great variety in both).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE