Bottled beer recommendations.

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just bought some from the Untapped Brewing Company, a new microbrewery that has set up next to my favourite farm shop. I'm hoping for good things. :)

It's good to support small local suppliers. Especially when what they supply is beer!
Well, I can report that I've tried two so far, and both were excellent. The pale ale was very good, and the wheat beer was really, really wheaty, almost like a malted milk biscuit. It was lovely.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Found a lonely bottle of

Ola Dubh (12 year old):lmao: which is Harviestoun Old Engine Oil matured in Higland Park whisky casks.
Holy **** I've never heard of that - having looked it up, you know I am going to have to buy some? Is it as good as it looks?

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
The Ola Dubh is a nice evening, sitting at the fire, porter style beer.
Thick and gloopy and not for downing pints of seeing as it's 8%.

I have a nice Victorian half pint tankard that suits it very well. As an aside, if your tankard has a monarchs initials and a number underneath you can use this link to find out where it originated.
It adds a good personal value to an old tankard

http://www.antique-metalware.co.uk/uvnumbers1.asp

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I spent a very pleasant evening in the pub on Friday drinking Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, 8.2%. A little sweet to start with, but after the fourth bottle, I got right into it... :lmao:[h=1][/h]

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Had a bottle of lager which was recommended by my son (It's rare for me to drink lager but was okay) it was Christmas Day tho'.

Joel_m

Jul 31, 2012
Berkshire
I highly recommend Summer Lightning. It even has a Green Man type picture on the front...morrisons usually do it...

Pete
Summer lightening is a really good beer! If you like it then try Rebellion Blond slightly more malt in flavor but like summer lightening can be drunk out the cupboard or out the fridge!